Experiencing BREAKAGE: Elast QP Breakage Control Serum or Mizani Kerafuse

SpiritJunkie

Hey ladies,

I need your help. I've been trying to do a search on these but feature not working very well right now.

I am experiencing some breakage and I need to figure out how to combat it ASAP.
I am currently doing deep conditioning twice a week (just started this). I would also like to add some kind of treatment.

I would like to try QP breakage Control Serum or Mizani Moisturefuse just something i saw in the hair store today and i vaguely recall it being mentioned on the hair board. can someone who used the above give some feedback or sugget something else?

your input is greatly appreciated.

my regi:
shampoo weekly moisturizing poo Nexxus Therappe or Mane & Tale
deep condition with Miss Key or Silicon Mix
condition: ntm
reconstructer: aphogee light
Leave in: Lacio Lacio and Salerm 21
Moisturize daily with QP mango butter and seal with coconut oil

Hi Sweetg

From the looks for your regime, your problem is too much protein and not enough moisture.

You are doing great by deep conditioning twice a week but lets look at your products

Miss Key and Silicon Mix are both a little more protein intensive. While they might make your hair feel good at first, if you are not clarifying on a regular basis, you are not removing the build up silicon mix can leave. You need a true moisturizing conditioner. Put these on the shelf for a while. The aphogee reconstructor is cool but if with the deep conditioners you are using the extra protein could be making it worse. The Elasta mango butter is also a more protien intensive moisturizer so all in all you are not getting enough moisture.

Try clarifying, deep conditioning with a true moisturizer and see if it gets better. Also go read Sistaslicks articles about regime building and protein moisture balance. She could help give you more clarification.

Gymfreak,

thanks very much for the feedback. i didn't realize all what i was using to "moisturize" were leaning on the protein side.

i've read sistaslicks email but i don't get it. i will try reading again.

More responses and input would be nice! :grin:Anyone???

Ones you get up on using mositurized base deep conditioner you should try

Sebastian 2 + 1 Deep Conditioning Treatment (it's suppose to be two parts moisturizer, and one part protein, but for my hair it's more like the other way around)

It's good as a twice monthly treatment!

thanks Sassy. Anyone else?

I have some growth and I don't want this to be too much of a setback. i worked really hard to create a regimen and stay on course.

any more suggestions is much APPRECIATED ladies!!!

thanks..

p.s. I'm going to do a search on some good moisturizing based conditioners....

I say kerafuse. Used it along with hydrafuse and was pleased. Doesn't leave your hair hard and keeps it strong and breakage free:yep:

Thanks Kurlee. it really never occured to me that i needed more moisture. this is why i love this place. i read alot more than participate.

:drunk:anymore suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:drunk:

i am now on my request to deep condition regularly with moisture based conditioner...my hair was growing and i was retaining before so i am confident i will get over this.

:yay:

If you're looking for good moisturizing conditioners one of these three will do the trick:
  • mizani hydrafuse or moisturfuse
  • devaCARE one condition
  • Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner

Back