Excuse me for such a newbie question (bantu knots)

FAMUDva

How do you do bantu knots? I went to the great newbies link on fotki, but there were just pictures, not a how to.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

TIA

I'll try my best to explain it. What you do is part your hair and that section that you part you twirl around your finger until you get to the end and then wind it around itself (kind of like mini buns). And then tuck it under or hold it in place with some ouchless bands or bobby pins. Well that's how I do it. I don't know how everyone else does it. My hair is never flat when I do it, it always poofs up at the base. So I could never wear it as a protective style. I do a bantu knot out to have my curly fro going. You can see a pic of the results of bantu knots in the photo gallery under my name. I hope that helps, a least a little bit. lol

ETA: I part my hair from ear to ear and I do three in the front and three in the back.

Millah03 said:
I'll try my best to explain it. What you do is part your hair and that section that you part you twirl around your finger until you get to the end and then wind it around itself (kind of like mini buns). And then tuck it under or hold it in place with some ouchless bands or bobby pins. Well that's how I do it. I don't know how everyone else does it. My hair is never flat when I do it, it always poofs up at the base. So I could never wear it as a protective style. I do a bantu knot out to have my curly fro going. You can see a pic of the results of bantu knots in the photo gallery under my name. I hope that helps, a least a little bit. lol

ETA: I part my hair from ear to ear and I do three in the front and three in the back.

Thanks a million!

I don't think it's a newbie question. I would also like to know. Jewell has tries to explain it to me, but I don't really get it. Does anyone has step by step pictures?

Back