Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No Priors

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • It's always the same odds

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrsBurns82

I like to talk with my Grandma and her sassy Sister from time to time and we were talking about cheaters and my Grammy says you know,"Once a cheat always a cheat" and my Aunt replied, "Every man who cheats was once a man who never cheated".

So this led me to ponder which type of man would you rather, a man who has dabbled on the forbidden fruit and may have had his fill or a man who has yet to taste the bitter sweetness of the darkside...insert deep evil laugh..

Or does it just not make a difference the odds are the same with every new roll

No priors, I prefer the guy that is not the womanizing type.

If he played the field in the past, he was not in a comitted relationship with anyone...no problems. But I expect people to be who they are, so in my book "once a cheat, always a cheat" or waiting for the opportunity. It is a choice to be a cheat, no one has to be.

IMO, I do think there are some people who are labeled as "cheaters" because:
a. they are "reluctant" to break up until they have another person lined up or
b. they “think” it is ok because they either never said they would be exclusive
or
c. changed their mind but forgot to inform their partner.

This is slightly different (not better, but different) than a person who has an expressed commitment for exclusivity yet regularly lies, sneaks around and sleep with other people. :ohwell:

Ummm.. it depends on the type of cheater

There are serial cheaters, who just can't keep it in his pants for any woman

There are situational cheaters, who were in a bad relationship and cheat as a means to escape

Then there are dumb cheaters, who may become bored and just cheat for cheating sake, many times they are one-night stands.

I prefer the no priors cheater, just because we all make mistakes. But it depends on the situation. If the woman he was with was completely evil, and the man cheated only once, and regretted it, I could understand.

Also age plays a major factor. If a man cheated at 21 -22, I could understand. But if he's cheated at 27-28, no can do. I would think at that age, he would have enough maturity to walk away from a relationship than to cheat.

Age does play a factor and it depends on how you define cheating. I have been with guys and went on dates on the side. I didn't have sex with the guys but some may call it cheating.

Wow. EVER? I mean, when you get to be like mid-30's and 40's....what are the odds of meeting a man who has NEVER cheated? I would think the fool was lying. EVERYONE has cheated at SOME POINT even if it was just once during your high school days or something. RIGHT? I did. As a late teen. Before marriage. Now, I never cheated in my marriage. But, prior to that, when I was like 20 and supposedly had a boyfriend, I cheated. SO? You mean to tell me NONE of you ladies EVER cheated? AND you really think a man who tells you that he has NEVER cheated is telling the truth? I suppose I am cynical. With all of the MARRIED and SHACKED UP and otherwise LONGTERM "COMMITTED" men who have tried to holla at me over the years, I just find it hard to believe that men haven't cheated AT SOME POINT in their lives.

:lachen:

I guess I am the lone cheater here? The only one with a "prior"? :lachen:

Whatev. :rolleyes: Y'all know the real deal. We may not want to admit it online...but you know.

So, I'd have to say, in answer to the OP question, maybe, if I were in my 20's..."no priors" might be my preference. But, as a 38 year old, if I were single and a man my age or older tried to run that line of being a "no prior", I would probably be :rofl: that this fool thinks I'm that naive. :yawn:

I have NEVER cheated because Im woman enough to let the man that I dont want to be with him anymore than have him thinking we're exclusive and Im screwing around. Its just too many things out there to be cheating and I believe in karma. I just dont think anything good will happen if I do something bad. Its just not that hard to me to break up with someone if I have any type of feelings to want to be with someone else. And I also would prefer a guy with no priors no matter what age...seriously how many men truly change after being a cheat? The older I get its like the men dont change. Its sad really :ohwell:

I am an excheater and I would rather the man be upfront and honest with me. Because I have already been there and done that so its not going to make me think any less of you for making a wrong/hurtful choice in your past that you have learned from and know never to repeat.

I would never date an ex-cheater because I couldn't trust them. My ex-bf cheated with me and even though it was with me, I was never able to trust him the same way again.

Back