Excessive Hair Shedding and Nutrition

fairylamb

Hello everyone! This is my first thread. I just wanted to share something that I have found works for me. I've been dealing with excessive hair shed for some years now. I started noticing it at age 15 (currently I am 18). I tried different things like switching products, using essential oils, taking biotin, and massaging my scalp. This did not help much. The biotin helped a teeny bit while I was taking it. After I stopped the hair shed continued and only got worse.

I knew my diet wasn't the best so I decided to change it. THAT WAS THE MAIN ISSUE. It was frustrating seeing videos on hair shedding because it seemed most people never focused on diet when it is so important (of course everyone's experiences with hair shed is different. This is just mine. I couldn't really find anyone to relate to). All the other things you can do for your hair really doesn't matter unless you're treating yourself well internally. This is why I wasn't seeing results prior.

Changes I made:
- I started drinking protein shakes almost everyday. (Vega One All-in-One. this has more than just protein)
- I started eating 2-3 times a day (healthier food, fruit/ veggie with every meal)
- I took my multivitamin everyday
- I took vitamin D a few times a week and got b12 shots once a week since I was deficient.
- I increased my intake of water

Finally finally finally I'm actually seeing a change. I've cried so many times about my hair during wash days. I'm so happy things are getting better.

For anyone dealing with the same issue, maybe take a look at your diet if none of the other things are working. Vitamin deficiencies are no fun. Before taking any supplement I recommend getting blood work done just to see your levels. I really hope this helps! I've also included some results.

prog1.JPG
prog2.JPG
prog3.JPG
prog 4.JPG
prog5.JPG

Here is a video that I found to be very helpful:

Attachments

• vegaone.jpg
    vegaone.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hello everyone! This is my first thread. I just wanted to share something that I have found works for me. I've been dealing with excessive hair shed for some years now. I started noticing it at age 15 (currently I am 18). I tried different things like switching products, using essential oils, taking biotin, and massaging my scalp. This did not help much. The biotin helped a teeny bit while I was taking it. After I stopped the hair shed continued and only got worse.

I knew my diet wasn't the best so I decided to change it. THAT WAS THE MAIN ISSUE. It was frustrating seeing videos on hair shedding because it seemed most people never focused on diet when it is so important (of course everyone's experiences with hair shed is different. This is just mine. I couldn't really find anyone to relate to). All the other things you can do for your hair really doesn't matter unless you're treating yourself well internally. This is why I wasn't seeing results prior.

Changes I made:
- I started drinking protein shakes almost everyday. (Vega One All-in-One. this has more than just protein)
- I started eating 2-3 times a day (healthier food, fruit/ veggie with every meal)
- I took my multivitamin everyday
- I took vitamin D a few times a week and got b12 shots once a week since I was deficient.
- I increased my intake of water

Finally finally finally I'm actually seeing a change. I've cried so many times about my hair during wash days. I'm so happy things are getting better.

For anyone dealing with the same issue, maybe take a look at your diet if none of the other things are working. Vitamin deficiencies are no fun. Before taking any supplement I recommend getting blood work done just to see your levels. I really hope this helps! I've also included some results.

View attachment 473827
View attachment 473829
View attachment 473831
View attachment 473833
View attachment 473835

Here is a video that I found to be very helpful:

Congratulations on your success and progress! Growing healthy afro hair is a thinking game. It requires analysis and understanding. Great job! Here's to healthy hair!

Congratulations @fairylamb . I am glad you were able to turn the issue around. I think you also will prevent other issues from occurring. I'm glad you found good habits early. I think they will pay off for you.

Congratulations on your success and progress! Growing healthy afro hair is a thinking game. It requires analysis and understanding. Great job! Here's to healthy hair!
Thank you so much!♡ It has definitely taken me a lot of time to figure out my hair and I'm still learning.

Back