Excellent shampoo rec that 'straighten's re-growth

Excellent shampoo rec that \'straighten\'s re-growth

Alot of relaxer heads (me included) usually would like to extend the time between touch ups or at least soften the re-growth to minimize the texture differences.

I've found that L'anza's Straight Line Shampoo is very good for doing this. I got a sample of it ages ago (I'm talking months) from a hairstylist and I decided to use it when I had alot of re-growth and I was VERYYYY suprised to find my re-growth was noticeably elongated. It didn't make it BONE straight (only relaxing on curling irons do that instantly) but my wavy re-growth was straighter and softer. It supposed to 'temporarily relax' curls and it did. After my re-touch I went back to my regular shampoo.

I thought I'd post this since I've read a few girls on the board talking about handling re-growth before touch ups. My hair type is 3c and it worked really well on me. So much so that I'm considering buying a small bottle of it again to use for those last 2 weeks before touch up appts.

Just thought I'd share something that really worked.

click on the shampoo from the link below to read more detail on it.....I didn't try the conditioner.

http://www.lanza.com/3-straitline.cfm

Tracy if your reading this, I know you and I love their Protein Plus shampoo already but this *does* work if you want to try something for re-growth /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Re: Excellent shampoo rec that \'straighten\'s re-growth

Thanks, BRH!

This is exactly the type of product I need. Although I'm finally getting a touch up on Tuesday after 13 weeks, I'll definitely be trying this shampoo and the corresponding conditioner for my next 3-month stretch.

Tee!

Do let me know your thoughts when you try it. Its not cheap. I've never bought the shampoo. I just used the sachet sample but I know L'anza's other shampoo that I use is approx $9 so I'm expecting to pay around that (gulp /images/graemlins/tongue.gif ) for the straight shampoo too. To me it's worth it for the straighteing it does.

I didn't even know a product *could* do that until I tried it.

Keep me posted!!!!

The L'anza protein shampoo was already on my 'to try' list, but this one sounds like exactly what I need: something to soften and stretch out my nap-- err, ahh, coils. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you know if the Strait Line Shampoo the same as the Curl Relaxing Shampoo or are these completely different products?
(The faqs on the Lanza site mention both).

Thanks!

Hi Sassygirl,

I think they're one and the same, check this link under the 'How do I use the Straight Line Formula': within that section it calls the shampoo 'Shampoo with Curl Relaxing'.... and then talks about using the Curl Relaxing conditioner to follow.

http://www.lanza.com/faq.cfm#sl

You will notice that in the entire lanza site, there is no separate 'curl relaxing shampoo' other than the straight line one. Hope this helps /images/graemlins/grin.gif so it is the same thing /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ps. Their protein plus shampoo is excellent. It has an impressive ingredient listing and does exactly what it says its supposed to. Not that I'm trying to sell it /images/graemlins/wink.gif My holy grail...ok I'll shut up now /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back