Excellent Brooklyn Dominican Salons!!

girlyprincess23

Hello All..
I would just like to know if any ladies live in Brooklyn and have found an excellent Dominican Salon or Stylist that can... handle (properly detangle) natural hair, does the BK treatment, set the dryer on medium if asked, apply heat protectant if asked, and does not catch an attitude if you let them know how YOU want YOUR hair done... Please provide their name, address, and phone number!! Willing to travel for excellent stylist!!

Thanks!!

Check the salon review forum. A lot of ladies like Dominnican Essence over by President street. The number is 718-756-0382. I might have to check that number though. I thnk they do Bkt's there. Someone also put me on to Fryzura in Bk for bkt's but I have no idea where that's at but I heard that they don't charge an arm and a leg for it. Good luck!

Last edited:
sorry, but I dont recommend Dominican Essence. Eli and Debbie did my hair there and it was the WORST experience I ever had. If you go, PLEASE only let Juana/Juanita do your hair.

I'm waiting on more replies. I am in dying need of a good Dominican Salon in Brooklyn. There's like one on every corner and I don't know which one to try.

Thank You ladies!! If I have to ask for a particular stylist I probably will not go. Unless you can make an appointment with that person!! Did you ever notice how they catch attitudes when you request a specific person?!?! Or I might just go and let them catch an attitude, if Juana/ -ita is that good?

then you may not want to go the Dominican Essence girly... there are NO appointments at Dominican Essence - walk in only. Juanita will do BKT - but no formaldehyde only formulas because of the fumes.

Good luck on your search.

Oh is Juana the only one that does the BKT? Is it the kerasmooth version I saw people mentioning? If she is the only one then that is a reason to get her alone!

Stephanie's at 579 Myrtle Ave at Classon is supposedly great but they do not seem to have regular hours. Whenever I call to try to make an appointment, I get no answer. I have tried all different days too. However, when I happen to drive by on the way to do something else, they are open.

I haven't lived in NYC for a minute, but when I was last there, there was one on Ave D & E. 42nd (?). Don't remember the name (yes I went there for years) but they were the best. They never mistreated my hair and always DC'd.

Heyyy =D
I'm from Brooklyn near the Fulton Street Mall area.
There is a pretty decent salon in the area
I forget the name of it
But it's either on Fulton & Bond Street or Fulton & Bridge Street.
PM me for further details if you like

Back