Evolving into a DIYer-Professional Blowdryer Recommendations?

SaintLuxe

OK....so, the economy is making me more & more of a DIYer when it comes to my hair. Even though I love my hairdresser, thanks to this forum, I feel confident that I can take better care of my hair (except for trims:rolleyes:) & save on salon costs. So, I need a recommendation for a professional handheld hair dryer (I attribute all of my hair salon 'swang' to a good blowdry & paddle brush). My hair is fine & thick, so a Conair, Revlon, etc hair dryer ain't gonna cut it-plus I'll be there for hoooours. I am willing to make the investment for a salon quality dryer, but I want to make sure it is worth the $$$. Anyway, do any of you DIYers or anyone else have any recommendations? I have heard good things about the Bespoke Evolution Dryer but it is super expensive! Any suggestions are appreciated:)

TIA!

Any Ionic blowdryer should work.. I have one from walgreens that cost about 30 bucks and I get the swing u are referring to after I wash, condition, use chi silk and then blow dry and flat iron.

good luck! :)

im going to get a Chi next week. however i have been using the cheap 30 dollar one for years(many different brands) and they get the job done too.

I am also looking for some pro styling tools (dryer (blow and hooded) and a flat iron. The cheapies are not getting it done for me. I am actually thinking about the Sedu Ultrapower Pro Tourlamine Ceramic Hair Dryer (whew...that was a whole lot of label!:spinning:) It seems like it might me a pretty good blow dryer. :yep:

I LOVE my Rusk's SpeedFreak. It is a wonderful dryer.

I used to own a Rusk Hyper Ionic Professional Ceramic and LOVED it, as well. A piece off the back fell off, even though the dryer was still working. I sent it back to Rusk under the warranty and they sent me the SpeedFreak because they don't make any new Hyper Ionic dryers anymore.

I also own their CTC Lite, but I don't care for that one,as much. I don’t know why, but my hair was not as soft as when I used the other two. And what’s funny is that the CTC Lite is supposed to be their top of the line.

Good luck finding your new dryer!

By the way, none of the Rusk dryers have a comb attachments, if you use those (I don’t). But they do have concentrators and the CTC Lite has a diffuser.

The one I use is not an uber expensive one, but it's not totally a cheapy - it's a mid-way one, lol. It's the Andis Color Waves Ionic/Tourmaline Dryer. Man it's AMAZING. I love this dryer so much, my hair NEVER feels dried out after using it. It has two heat settings (warm/hot), a cool shot button, and a low/high air blast switch. I usually use it on the warm/low or warm/high setting depending on what I'm doing (drying the hair or dc'ing). I purchased a Gold n' Hot bonnet attachment and it becomes a handy hooded dryer that can fit even the LARGEST rollers in it.... I DC w/ it, and everything.

It cost me around $40.

Andis%20Dryer80295.jpg

They come in two colors, I have the goldish one.

http://www.globalbty.com/xml/data/EL_andis/2AN80395.jpg

I use that pink hard hat ionic dryer that is sold at Sally's. I think I got it for a little under $40. I also use a handheld conair ionic that I purchased from Target. Both are inexpensive and work just fine.

OT but related to the subject: Can someone give a blowdrying tutorial or point me to one that shows how to hold the ones like those in the pics in this thread? I have only ever used the short rectangle conair one and I use it with the comb attachment. I feel awkward using the round ones with a nozzle; like I don't hold it properly or something. I don't mean the whole shabang with a round brush and all that, just how to stretch your hair using one of those hair dryers and its comb attachment.

OT but related to the subject: Can someone give a blowdrying tutorial or point me to one that shows how to hold the ones like those in the pics in this thread? I have only ever used the short rectangle conair one and I use it with the comb attachment. I feel awkward using the round ones with a nozzle; like I don't hold it properly or something. I don't mean the whole shabang with a round brush and all that, just how to stretch your hair using one of those hair dryers and its comb attachment.

Same here. Please share I'd like a little tutorial too! :yawn:

Back