Everyone around me is going natural....

zzirvingj

Well not "every"one...LOL

But since being natural my close cousin has decided to go natural, and so did her mom. And two of my coworkers.

Now a third coworker decided to go natural and she let ME cut her hair off this past Saturday! She was obviously ready to do it and had been contemplating it for a minute. Well yesterday she came in with a wig, but today she wore it out.

It's in a cute TWA and I think she wears it well. :yep: I will try to snag a pic from her today if possible!

Last edited:
Girl, that's cuz you're a great big walking 'go natural, it's gorgeous' promo, with all that pretty hair!

That's cuz you're a great big walking 'go natural, it's gorgeous' promo girl!

LOL! :grin:

But seriously, what's funny is, I don't "preach going natural" or anything, I'm just "pro-healthy-hair", however you decide to wear it ;)

But I never imagined the day someone would be begging me to do their BC LOL! I'm just happy my coworker is happy with her new style. She said everyone complemented her except her boyfriend tho, which is kinda sad I think cuz the same exact thing happened to me!

But she likes it, so it's cool....:drunk:

That's great!!! (but don't tell me that.)

I want to go natural soooooo bad, but I don't want to cut my hair.

So I'll love the relaxed hair I got, take good care of it and be happy and smile for all the women that have the willpower and patience I don't.

If only I could wave a wand to make my hair transition back.

That's great!!! (but don't tell me that.)

I want to go natural soooooo bad, but I don't want to cut my hair.

So I'll love the relaxed hair I got, take good care of it and be happy and smile for all the women that have the willpower and patience I don't.

If only I could wave a wand to make my hair transition back.

If I could wave a wand, I would be natural one day and relaxed the next LOL

Ahhhh....wishful thinking...

Wow...

My Mom, whose been natural for 30+ years, had me perm her hair on Saturday. I was sad. Not because of the perm per se but because:
1- I don't think she's going to keep it up although she says she is going to the hairdressers. I am going to type her a hair care schedule and product recommendations.
2- She'll be looking at me to care for it - I already do my hair, my friend's hair, and twist my BF dreads...I am truly Betty Beautician!

Sometimes, I think about going natural. I missed a great chance to go natural when I big chopped in 7/2008.

Well... your hair's beautiful :lick: so I understand why... :-)

A little after I decided to transition, a friend of mine attempted to go natural but decided it wasn't for her.

But another friend of mine (who's in another country) is transitioning with me and I'm so glad she's sticking to it... she's a little under 10 months post today :yahoo:

I don't preach to people about going natural but I think it's going to work out just like it did when I started my healthy hair care journey. My sister used to say that our hair couldn't grow very long until she saw my hair grow and get so healthy. She wasn't happy with my decision to go natural but now she loves going through my fotki to see what new style I've tried out during my transition, she also loves my new growth (this means a lot to me cos I love my sister A LOT). She met someone who's natural (but doesn't tale good care of her hair) and someone who's thinking of going natural and she said she gave them my fotki link :grin:

Well, let's be honest...going natural's looking to be something of a trend nowadays. I don't know if it's going to reach the level it did in the late 60s-late 70s, but when you have weaves and wigs minicking natural hair....something's up. Only time will tell how many remain that way.

Last edited:
Well, let's be honest...going natural's looking to be something of a trend nowadays. I don't know if it's going to reach the level it did in the late 60s-late 70s, but when you have weaves and wigs minicking natural hair....something's up. Only time will tell how many remain that way.
So true:yep:

Back