Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

DC'ed with Naturelle Grow Chamomile and Burdock Root which I think I like best of all her DC's (I have tried them all). Moisturized with a homemade mix which so far can be used as a DC, moisturizer and curl definer. Hair feels great, love the fragrance oil I bought.

I know...loose hair on the sweater, tsk tsk lol

Attachments

• IMG_20131216_100923.jpg
    IMG_20131216_100923.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 185
Lilmama1011

I used one of these thingys
scunci-4pk-thin-elastic-headbands-350x350.jpg

and ruffled the hair a little bit until I could pin down certain pieces.

I didn't realize my SSK problem was this bad until I began the blowout process for my EOTY length check :( So I'm going to start my 2014 journey as a heat stretched natural. Bye bye big hair!! *cries ugly cry with strings of snot and annoying hiccups*

I had to cut a lot of hair but it turned out alright in the end...

Press121813-vi.jpg

Press3121813-vi.jpg

Length check after the "chop"

LengthCheck2Dec2013-vi.jpg

lux10023

It wasn't even the products I used.

What made the difference was:
-using more of my heat protectant serum on my fine strands (6 sections, at least quarter size amount per section) and...

I know I'm gonna get spanked for this... *goes outside to pick my switch*

- turning my flat iron up over 400 (Thanks to Sistawithrealhair):look:

I didn't realize my SSK problem was this bad until I began the blowout process for my EOTY length check :( So I'm going to start my 2014 journey as a heat stretched natural. Bye bye big hair!! *cries ugly cry with strings of snot and annoying hiccups*

I had to cut a lot of hair but it turned out alright in the end...

Press121813-vi.jpg

Press3121813-vi.jpg

Length check after the "chop"

LengthCheck2Dec2013-vi.jpg

Your hair has grown so much....awesome progress!

you just need a little cleaning up, not bad at all

Thanks. I tried to get DH to do it, but he said his hands are too shaky. I will ask my MIL when she gets here on Tuesday.

I love your hair oh my goodness!!!!! What's your regimen ? :0

Thank you Igotstripes. My regimen is mainly low manipulation.

-WNGs are my main style except for in the winter
-Twistouts are what I mostly wear in the winter, followed by buns
-I try to wash/co-cleanse and DC at least once per week
- Only use silicones when I flat iron
- I moisturize and seal my hair as needed
-My regimen consists of mostly natural/handmade products

Some of my favorite vendors are Darcy's Botanicals, B.A.S.K. Beauty, Shea Moisture, and Oyin handmade.

I also use eco styler gel for my WNGs.

I had no plans on going anywhere until after Christmas so I haven't been prepping my hair at night or doing anything with it for that matter. Well today I had to make a run to the grocery store so I threw it in a banana clip ponytail and got 2 compliments. I was like oooooookkkk thanks?! It's so weird that when you think you look cray cray other people find it cute. I know for a fact that today my hair was a hot fluffy frizzy ball of mess.

Last edited:
Christmas Do. It's a twist out done on blown out hair made into a very loose top knot. Tried my best to capture the fabulousness of this hairstyle.

408443836.jpg

408443840.jpg

Quick and dirty Twists job with them pushed to front .

Still up in air about straightening, but the laziness factor and being impressed with hair on head after less than stellar detangling sessions have me remaining with the "less is more" routine for nownow.

Attachments

• 20131226_092009.jpg
    20131226_092009.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 20131226_092032.jpg
    20131226_092032.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 101
Kinda old (September) but here are some pics of a failed braid-out. It didn't look bad per se, it just wasn't what I was going for. Plus it was super shrunken lol

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

playing around with it

picture.php

the bun that I ended up wearing lol

picture.php

Disclaimer: I still haven't figured our the trick to taking good selfies.

Once a year flattie. When my girls tried to act jealous, I reminded them of the last time I got my hair done professionally - literally last December!

Attachments

• image-2714617148.jpg
    image-2714617148.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 206
  • image-2271370399.jpg
    image-2271370399.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 211
Back