Ever tempted to cut it OFF???

Belle Du Jour

I know, I know. . .this is the LONG hair care forum, but everytime I see a cute short style (a la Eva Diva, Mylah of Making the Band 3, Halle Berry, old pics of myself :p ) I want to relax and go short. Anyone else ever tempted to do this?

Maybe I just need to find a flyy short wig?

Yep after I saw Eva Diva on Kevin Hill, I spent a week contemplating cutting my hair off. I used to have it like hers and I LOVED it.

But I'm over that now, to brastrap here we go ...........

Oh gosh, YES!!!! I'm so SICK of my hair!!! I"m PO'ed at it major right now!!! :mad: I"ve been contemplating getting a 'Malinda Williams' cut.

NOOO! I will never cut my hair again now that I'm natural! It will touch the floor before I cut it! I hate short hair on me! I like lots and lots of hair!

I feel the same way. But then I know after a few weeks I'll get sick of looking at it. I used to have it cute like Drew Barrymore's cut in "Boys on the Side." I loved it when I was in high school.

But now that I'm older, I like myself with longer hair. I say, "Don't cut it, 'cause you'll miss it." :grin:

Yeah, I've been feeling that way lately... it's gotten to a point that there's only but so many ways I can get my hair styled. I was getting flat twists on a regular basis (because of the low maintenance) but my stylist says that my hair is too long to get them anymore. She says that they can break my hair when i try to take them out. I also get tired of the pin-ups. French twists are kinda outdated, and my hair is too heavy to hold roller sets (like my avatar pic) for more than a couple of days. Wearing my hair down straight is not an option because I don't like to have my hair looking like that. Soooo, i guess all i can do is to *snip snip*. The only problem is, every time I go near scissors, I run screaming in terror. :rofl:

Now tell me I don't have issues. :lol:

Yeah, I get that way sometimes then I remember how high maintenance my hair was when I used to wear it really short.

When I get like this I just start viewing some of the ladie's hair albums. That puts me back on track and into my routine. :)

I've put too much work into growing my hair long to really consider it, but I do think about it when I see a really cute cut. :love: I think "someday...someday.." Then again, I could be like Oprah Winfrey. I guess she had planned to cut her hair short when she turned 50 and Camille Cosby called her and told her she just didn't have the head for it. :lol:

Yeah, after seeing Eva a lot on tv and online, it made me even wanna get my hair cut like hers. I even started a thread a while back asking if I should get a hair cute like Eva. But I wouldn't relax my hair since I'm transitioning to natural....

Hmmm...is Eva relaxed or natural?

Stormy said:
Yeah, I get that way sometimes then I remember how high maintenance my hair was when I used to wear it really short.

When I get like this I just start viewing some of the ladie's hair albums. That puts me back on track and into my routine. :)

Exactly! High maintenance hair is a no-no for me. (However, the right cut should make the hair lay properly without to much effort. . .)

I use to always cut my short whenever I got frustrated with it or bored with it. It was a continious cycle, I'd grow it to around my shoulders than cut it off into a curly bob.
The cycle didn't end until about a year ago when I vowed to give my hair a chance and commit to growing it out. It hasn't been past my shoulders since like 1991. It will be interesting to see if I can really hold out this time or cave in to my own pressure. I was always my own SHS :lol:

Back