ever been in a funk that affected you hair?

my hair is not very happy with me. i've been in a funk for the past 5 days which has caused me to neglect myself a bit, especially my hair. it takes a while to properly care for it everyday and i just havent been up to it. i'm supposed to do my henna today, which should've been done last week, and i dont feel like doing it.

is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? hoping im not the only weirdo. . .

my hair is not very happy with me. i've been in a funk for the past 5 days which has caused me to neglect myself a bit, especially my hair. it takes a while to properly care for it everyday and i just havent been up to it. i'm supposed to do my henna today, which should've been done last week, and i dont feel like doing it.

is it just me or does this happen to anyone else? hoping im not the only weirdo. . .

NO:grouphug: your not a weirdo:spinning:!!

Seriously though, I have gotten into a funk that has lasted weeks. It's really hard for me to get out of them. Usually though my hair's already twisted(thank god) and I just condish wash. I don't do anything that requires too much energy, b/c I know that I will get started and not want to finish.You will come out of it though. For me, as a natural, I just make sure that I use my leave in condish/detangler, b/c when I come out the funk and wanna do my hair, I don't want it to be a nightmare, ya know?!

I feel u Long2short, I feel that way when I'm buried in work or other committments. But you gotta work through it, take care of yourself. I find that when I just get up and do my hair, I enjoy it (I LIKE sitting under the dryer...now who's the weirdo? :lachen:)

I am supposed to DC my hair today (tryin' to build up to 3X a week) but I'm just not feelin gettin wet again :ohwell:I will have to eventually tho my NG is kickin' up and a good DC is the only thing that really controls the fluff. Can't be walking around lookin like an electroshocked Don King.....

Hope you feel better :bighug:

I feel u Long2short, I feel that way when I'm buried in work or other committments. But you gotta work through it, take care of yourself. I find that when I just get up and do my hair, I enjoy it (I LIKE sitting under the dryer...now who's the weirdo? :lachen:)

I am supposed to DC my hair today (tryin' to build up to 3X a week) but I'm just not feelin gettin wet again :ohwell:I will have to eventually tho my NG is kickin' up and a good DC is the only thing that really controls the fluff. Can't be walking around lookin like an electroshocked Don King.....

Hope you feel better :bighug:

you're totally right. i did manage to just do my henna treatment, and it kinda brightened my day. then i did a beautiful hour of cardio, then back to the hair.

i dont know ladies, there's something about doing hair that just makes me feel good!:drunk:

you're totally right. i did manage to just do my henna treatment, and it kinda brightened my day. then i did a beautiful hour of cardio, then back to the hair.

i dont know ladies, there's something about doing hair that just makes me feel good!:drunk:

I get that way too sometimes, I think everyone in one form or another has those moments. I totally agree(with bolded) - doing my hair usually makes me feel better too:yep:.

I'm glad 4 u :)

Glad you feel better. Sometimes we just have to work through whatever we are going through. Usually taking care of myself is one way of making me feel better, but there has plenty of days in which I was going through a funk and my hair was a hot mess! Now, when I going through something I take extra care of myself and look in the mirror and say dang i look good! I may not feel good, but at least I look it. :yep:

Back