Evening hair style for fine hair??

fletgee

Fine haired ladies, I need some suggestions.

My hair has become very soft and fine. It was soft before but even more so now. But what I am having a problem with is the fact that my hair will not hold any type of curl. And I want so much to be a curly girl!

So what do I do with it? Is there some type of style I could wear for a wedding I am attending next month? And I don't want a bun!

My hair is about 3 inches past my shoulders.

Can ya help..please?

That's hard because you say it doesn't hold curls and you don't want a bun, all that's left is getting some type of weave done.

Fletgee,

My hair is very fine and soft too. I am not sure if this will work for your hair but what has worked for mine is rollersetting with a volumizing mousse. The mousse helps to give my hair body and to hold the curl as well and I've found that it works better than a setting lotion or gel. Also, I don't put any kind of grease or oil or serum in my hair before or after I rollerset as these products tend to make my hair softer and flatter.

Good luck.

One word for you - (well 2).....flexi rods!

You may want to experiment with them before next month to see the desired level of curls you want because I only use 3 and get a head full of curls. When I first used them, I put a lot of them in my head, thinking I needed to be sure to put enough in there to get curls that would hold. When I took them out the following day, I had to wait for an entire day for the curls to drop b/c there were wayyy too many.

Just make sure you use them on hair that has been freshly rollerset.....

HTH

BB:)

blackbarbie said:
One word for you - (well 2).....flexi rods!

You may want to experiment with them before next month to see the desired level of curls you want because I only use 3 and get a head full of curls. When I first used them, I put a lot of them in my head, thinking I needed to be sure to put enough in there to get curls that would hold. When I took them out the following day, I had to wait for an entire day for the curls to drop b/c there were wayyy too many.

Just make sure you use them on hair that has been freshly rollerset.....

HTH

BB:)

AMEN!!! I use flexirods. It's the only thing that will hold curls for my fine, soft hair. It was mentioned to be also, that you should try applying a very light moisturizer like QP Elasta Mango Butter to the ends before rolling the hair on the flexirod. The water in the product helps to retain the curl while protecting and moisturizing the ends. Try it and keep us posted.

I think a nice flexirod set, using either the orange or very small pink flexis will make a really cute curly set.

AVOID PRODUCT WITH ALCOHOLS!

Double amen! Flexi rods are awwwwwwwesome! :D My hair's fine too....

You could opt for a partial curly up-do with "sex pieces" :p hanging on the sides. I got this style done today (larger flexis) and it's been holding fairly well. :)

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
Double amen! Flexi rods are awwwwwwwesome! :D My hair's fine too....

You could opt for a partial curly up-do with "sex pieces" :p hanging on the sides. I got this style done today (larger flexis) and it's been holding fairly well. :)

O.K. I like that!!:lol:

I am right there with you ladies, I have to try a little of everything, to get a curl or wave to hold. My old stylist use a little hold spray and grease. Look in my fokti and you see some of my styles we did and my hair gets softer by the minute and hold curls is not an option...

This is a great thread! I just wanted to add that pincurling your rollersets at night will help you keep your curls also. The flexirods sound very intriguing. I have had a flexirod set (small ones) but never tried to use them at night. I'll definitely have to get on that as well.

Back