Even with Sabino moisture block and a maxi glide my hair reverted in 20 mins!?!

pureebony

Seriously i have just about had it with my hair, its healthy from two major trims, and has a good protein moisture balance, and i always use my porosity control. i don't get it?!

i installed my extension plus relaxed texture hair (with the island beauty wig method) and i pressed the front u shape leave out, i washed with a clarifying shampoo, i deep conditioned etc and i let it air dry then blow dry then maxi glide on setting 7, 2 paces on less than half an inch of hair.
i was like wow my hair pressed straight!!! whoop!!

then low and behold i go outside, its not humid or anything i com home and my hair reverts i mean reverts!
i dont get it, i am so fed u of it, is there any suggestions- sorry i don't have any pics of it i should have taken some but i was too angry.

help please what am i doing wrong my hair reverts no matter what i do!

i saturated my hair in the stuff and no luck... its not what its cracked up to be not at all, any other suggestions!?!!

i switch them almost every month, i used aveda shampoo, joico moisture conditioner, abba heat protectant and a little shea butter and aphogee green tea all before blow drying.

i switch them almost every month, i used aveda shampoo, joico moisture conditioner, abba heat protectant and a little shea butter and aphogee green tea all before blow drying.
first of all, i believe you used way too many products. i only use one serum to flatiron and that's it.
secondly, is the joico a deeply moisturizing conditioner?? as in, a real DC, or a rinse out condish.
i would cut out the shea butter and aphogee green tea, and only use the abba.
i would shampoo first, towel dry, and then apply my DC to dry hair. this makes a big difference for me. then i sit under the dryer for 20 min. or so.

secondly, you may need to turn your maxiglide up higher.

the joico is deep moisturizing it says leave for 5 mins then rinse, i left it for around 39 mins, its more of a balm.

i also did a pree oil treatment, so my maxi glide higher than 7? i dont want heat damage.
so only a heat protectant before using the maxi?

the joico is deep moisturizing it says leave for 5 mins then rinse, i left it for around 39 mins, its more of a balm.

i also did a pree oil treatment, so my maxi glide higher than 7? i dont want heat damage.
so only a heat protectant before using the maxi?
yep. check out this thread. this is basically the method i utilize. i don't get any heat damage at all.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forum6/thread431336.html
here's the video that she (westndnbeauty) made showing off the method:
[video=youtube;ffjZQQIGelg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffjZQQIGelg[/video]

I agree with Rocky91 about using too many products. I think each product you apply interferes with how the next product will sit on the hair so that you end up with loopholes

ok so if i reduce the products i use i can achieve that look, but will it revert? i got press in a salon last year and they used high heat and only heat protectatn (not evenly distributed in my hair which resulted in heat damage) and the next day my hair was poofy.

also is the maxi glide only goes up to 200, is this is degrees?

cuz renice said she flat ironed her hair at 250? is this too hot?

Last edited:
ok so if i reduce the products i use i can achieve that look, but will it revert? i got press in a salon last year and they used high heat and only heat protectatn (not evenly distributed in my hair which resulted in heat damage) and the next day my hair was poofy.
i can't really say for your hair, but i know that my hair stays straight for as long as i want it to. and when i wash, my coils come right back. the key to the method is the intensive moisture that your hair gets. i guess the theory is that well-moisturized hair can handle high heat just fine.
also, using the comb is also very important to get your hair smooth and distribute the heat properly. HTH.

thanks hon

does anyone know if the maxi glide only goes up to 200, is this is degrees?

cuz renice said she flat ironed her hair at 250? is this too hot?

Anyone know where I can purchase a comb like the white one used in the video? Or at least the name of it?

ok found the settings 5 is the average for like 250 degrees, so i was using it quite hot, it smokes when i use it, but i wil try this method in two months when i take my cornrows down (wig challenge), i just want to change up my hair style.

Sabino didn't even work for my relaxed hair (it reverts too) so don't feel too bad. Maybe you just haven't found what works for you yet.

In my experience if you pile on a lot of sabino trying to protect your hair more, you then have to put the iron on a high temp to really straighten it. I used to do the same thing but then found myself making 3 or 4 passes or turn it up cause it would start to revert before I was done! So i use about quarter sized amount on each half and just make sure to work it through real good. I steam before flat ironingand i use the comb chase method. I Also use my iron on 425 and i've never had a prob with heat damage. HTH :-)

IMO**That new formula is not the business. My hair used to last until the next shampoo, now it only lasts a day at the most

Sabino MB still works well on my hair. Are you using steam when you use your Maxi Glide?

It works very well on my hair as well. I was wondering about the steam on the maxiglide too.

OP, SMB tends to not do its job well if you stack many products on your hair before it. Ingredients in some of the other products could break down the ingredients in SMB causing it to be less effective. Really you're not suppose to use any other leave ins but I still use a very light one (Lacio Lacio) and that's it. Try using only one light leave in. Many times it's our technique and not the product that causes the problem.

ok i will give it another go ladies in a month or two, but if it doesn't work, are there any other alternatives?

thanks so much for your help! xx

Back