European Desire

janet

has anyone heard anything about this brand of relaxer? My stylist uses this relaxer and I've never heard of it. I would appreciate any information on it.

It is the real name! I agree with you ladies about the name, it sounds crazy. I've never heard of it before and need info on it. I don't want the stylist to use something on my hair that is experimental or something. That's the only relaxer they use at that salon. They use Design Essentials & Elucence shampoo/conditioner & setting lotions, oils, hairgrease etc.

I googled the name and found on hairplus.com but only neutralizer and something else are listed. Maybe they'll have heard of it on other boards. Good luck!

I was coming in just to say....I dont care for the name of the product. That is not my desire when I relax.:perplexed smh

Um.... wow.

And here I was getting ready to suggest that maybe she was being a smartazz.... :look:

And for the record......

wow.

so1913 said:
Uuhhh....I don't think I care for the name too much :perplexed :ohwell:

Ditto! I'm relaxed and that name doesn't sit with me too well at all. What were they thinking? Don't answer that, I know what they were thinking...

janet said:
has anyone heard anything about this brand of relaxer? My stylist uses this relaxer and I've never heard of it. I would appreciate any information on it.

LOL. I've seen this brand before. I think the stylists who use it get it from the Asian BSS. I've never seen it anywhere else. It's pretty cheap.

This page is no longer live, so I viewed it in the Google cache and posting here for posterity.

Couple Comes Home to Reopen Legendary Ribs Restaurant
May 26, 2005 8:00 a.m.

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio -- Like a beloved child left in the care of relatives, Charlie and Marge Staples left the restaurant they founded in 1974, C. Staples BBQ, in the care of experienced restaurateurs when they moved to Houston in 1981.

Twenty-three years later, after Carl and Emma Young of Young’s BBQ, who had taken over Staples’ restaurant, both died, the Staples came home.

“There was no question what we had to do,” Charlie said. “We had to come back. This was the restaurant we’d founded. We couldn’t let it close.”

“The restaurant has always been my baby,” Marge said, echoing her husband’s sentiment. “Even when we were in Texas, I wanted a restaurant.”

Charlie Staples Famous Bar-B-Que re-opened May 2 in a newly renovated building at 372 W. Rayen Ave., two blocks from the northside neighborhood where Charlie grew up. In Youngstown, the Staples name is synonymous with outstanding sauce and ribs.

Since its re-opening, the restaurant has been serving between 1,000 and 1,500 customers a day, Marge reported. The restaurant has been so busy, many customers haven’t been able to get in the door. Those who did get inside sometimes had to wait for their food. “Thank you for being patient and waiting,” she told a crowd gathered in the parking lot to celebrate the official grand opening May 25.

Charlie also thanked the plethora of local tradesmen who renovated the building.

“We had 13 inches of reinforced concrete and no plumbing,” he said, but Stevens Plumbing Service of Youngstown chiseled through. Howgren Heating installed the heating, ventilation and air conditioning system, Cooper’s Electric Service Co. Inc. brought the building up to code, and L.B. Tate, a retired general contractor, put up the drywall and installed the ceilings and ceramic tile floors.

Sky Bank provided financing for the $600,000 project, Charlie added, “the only bank in town who understood my vision.”

Charlie Staples Bar-B-Que specializes in charcoal wood-fired barbecued ribs, chicken, fish and shrimp available to eat in or carry out.

Servers in crisp, tuxedo-style uniforms cater to customers in the dining room, which seats about 50. Red and black upholstered booths line one wall. Ornate wood and iron tables and chairs occupy the main dining area, which is accented with stained glass chandeliers and eclectic artwork.

The 2,500-square-foot restaurant will grow to 5,000-square-feet by the end of this summer when the second phase of renovations is completed, Charlie added.

At the rear of the building, the Staples operate the beauty-supplies manufacturing business, Magg Products, that they ran in Texas.

Magg Products, founded by the Staples 15 years ago, manufactures European Desire relaxer systems, shampoos, conditioners and hair oils available in salons throughout the United States and in some parts of Europe, Marge said.

Five are employed at Magg Products, Marge said, and she and her husband are in the process of hiring 10 more.
Thirty are employed by Charlie Staples Bar-B-Que.

“Youngstown is bouncing back,” observed First Ward Councilman Artis Gillam Sr. Referring to the restaurant’s grand opening celebration, he said, “We go to ribbon cuttings [for new businesses] once or twice a week.”

“What can I say?” Charlie said. “God bless America. I’m proud of Youngstown.”

He and his wife both said they are happy to be back home.

Am I reading this right? A barbecue restaurant and bss???? To the OP, I would say, stick to a brand name of relaxer that has been time tested, and lhcf approved. When it comes to such strong chemicals such as relaxer, you don't want to be a guinea pig. A moisturizer or conditioner is one thing, but you can't play with relaxers. And I absolutely hate the name too for the record. And I am leery of relaxers being cooked up with my barbecue sauce!

How'd we go from relaxers called African Pride and Dark N Lovely . . . to European Desire?:lol: Guess they weren't beating around the bush. No pun intended.:look:

Sistaslick said:
How'd we go from relaxers called African Pride and Dark N Lovely . . . to European Desire?:lol: Guess they weren't beating around the bush. No pun intended.:look:

Hahahah........

When I saw the name I was like :eek: Maybe some of us should write the company to change the name or threaten not to use the product unless the name is changed.

The name itself is insulting. The stylists need to be ashamed if the use this product without any kind of writing to these companies and it shows that *some* are about $$$ if they don't care.

It is when we do not take action that they continue to give names like this and do any thing they want-- in other realms of our society too.

What is their number and address? Take Action!!!

tsiporah said:
When I saw the name I was like :eek: Maybe some of us should write the company to change the name or threaten not to use the product unless the name is changed.

The name itself is insulting. The stylists need to be ashamed if the use this product without any kind of writing to these companies and it shows that *some* are about $$$ if they don't care.

It is when we do not take action that they continue to give names like this and do any thing they want-- in other realms of our society too.

What is their number and address? Take Action!!!

I think that regardless if they change the name, this CLEARLY shows the mentality of the folks that run the business and this is how they chose to market their product based on that mentality. This company should not be supported, period! Change of name or not. They named their line European Desire for a reason. Those reasons won't change with a change of name.

Last edited:
My hairdresser used this product on me around 10 yrs ago,(who knew the makers were from my hometown Youngstown,Oh). My hair was straight and silky. I used it for about a year, my hair was armpit length at the time. The only reason I changed is because i moved away. hth

The name is insulting....but in all honesty if the people who created this product is going based on the history of relaxers....that is kind of what it was created for. (Not that it makes it right to use that name today) I'm just saying

Back