Essence mag says the FHI flat iron gives salon straight results...

NuMe2004

...so I'm wondering if any of you ladies have tried the FHI and have gotten silky smooth results. If so, please share.

A stylist once told me that if the hair reverts after flat ironing, then that means that I didn't use enough heat. I currently have a Jilbere ceramic iron, and was thinking of upgrading. However, I'm debating between a Maxiglide (which many of you LHCF ladies swear by) and an FHI now that I've read Essence.

The FHI is $195, so that's no small investment. I may be able to get it cheaper at amazon or some other online store, but I want to make sure it'll be worth it. Help!

I don't know anything about the FHI but I'm really happy with Sally's GVP Chi knockoff. It's half the price of the FHI and Sally's will give you your money back if you're not happy with it.

I agree, it does - But so does the Solia and as others have reported - the Sedu, CHI and many others.

Also, you can get a good FHI for way less than $195. They do have their new models that are more expensive, but the original models, like the 207-RVI, were expensive liek that when they 1st came out, as well. In a year or so they will be so much cheaper.

Folica has many of the good ones for $100 or less and often include freebies with your order.

The FHI does give fantastic results. I used it on my transistioning new growth and it looked plumb like a fresh relaxer.

I paid $179.00 for the 1 1/4 in.

I agree, I have an FHI and the results are great. I ordered mine off the internet and I paid $119, but that included next day shipping.

I agree, I love my FHI. Its the 207 model and it only cost me 79.99 from folica.com. If you search FHI you will see that alot of LHCF'ers own FHI and love them as well. But like someone else posted sedu, solia and etc are also good. Goto folica.com and check out some flat irons. :)

Thank you so much ladies! It sounds like the FHI is a winner. I really want to learn how to get salon straight results at home, so I may just check it out.

I will post a review of the FHI if I buy one :).

The stylist who did my hair the other week used an FHI. She blow dried it first and then pressed it with the FHI iron (no straightening comb). The pic in my siggy is the result-I loved it. And I'm 100% relaxer free with 4a/b hair.

It got my hair soooo straight and there has been very little reversion considering I haven't put much of anything on my hair since the first day of the press.

But I can't give much of a comparison to other brands because I don't have much experience in the flat-iron area...I own a Maxiglide and I've only used it 2 times (without the steam option).

:yep: this worked really well for my sisters in laws natural 3b/c hair and her sister's 4a/b got me tempted but my ghds do a pretty good job and were an "investment":look:

It does make a wonderful job! I love mine, to the point that bought another and now I don't even need it (Yes, I am a PJ :) )

Back