Essence Atkins from "Half and Half"

lierin

I just read the thread about Rachel True from the same show and I was wondering if anyone knows Essence Atkins' hair regimine. Has it ever been printed in a hair magazine like Rachel's was? Her hair always looks amazing and so full of body. I watch the show every week mainly to see how her hair is styled!

I think she gets blow outs because I remember that her hair is naturally curly from her show smart guy, her hair is like a 3A or B the curls were looser than Rachel True's. :)

That chick is my celebrity hair idol...lawd knows...there are so few...actually rocking their own hair. I adore her hair.:look:

ms_kenesha said:
I think she gets blow outs because I remember that her hair is naturally curly from her show smart guy, her hair is like a 3A or B the curls were looser than Rachel True's. :)

Hey Lierin!!! :wave:

I'm sooo excited to see you post. Yeah, I agree with MsKenesha, I forgot her hair is really curly, so she must flat iron it, roller set or blow it out. Either way, I know heat is used. I'm also curious about what products she uses and how often, etc.

I don't know her regimine, but I forgot she had curly hair too:
Essence_Atkins-002.jpg

:) I have Essence's regime too!

I'll have to find it... & get up the energy to type it up (like I did Rachel's)...

I remember her saying that she has her hair flat ironed DAILY before each show. She also said that she doesn't like to have (( that much )) constant heat applied, but the role called for Mona's sister to be the opposite of Mona in many aspects (including hair...."straight hair" :ohwell: )

I'll have to find it & try to get my scanner to work. :cool:

For some reason, I though she wore a straight wig or weave on the show. Does she really flat iron her hair for every dhow?

Thanks Peachtree, i would really appreciate it if you could post Essence's regimine when you have time. Or, if you could tell us which issue of Essence this appeared in I could order a back issue from them just so I would have it. Either way, thanks a lot!!

Hey Ladies...
I looked for it but couldn't find it...
I don't think that it was Essence Mag... ((This was another page that I :sekret: ripped out of my cousin's hair mag :lol: )) .... "Essence" is not her type of mag :nono: ... she's more into the BlackTress, Black Hair (I think is the name), & others... (( u know the ones that seem to mislead readers to thinking celebs are sportin' their own hair, when it's actually a weave).... I'll see what I can find out :cool:

Ahh Ha! It was driving me crazy because i knew i had a little blurb somewhere about her. So here it is from Black Hair Magazine feb 2004 It is in the "as seen on TV section)

Essence Atkins

Tv Star Texture: "Essence's hair is medium fine with a loose natural curl. There is no relaxer in her hair it is blown and pressed."

The Set Up: "In her hair there is just enough layering around the face to add softness and a layering in the back to add movement."

Style Channel: "She comes in with her hair damp and I mist it with water and apply KMS Silker Leave-In Treatment. Then I section her hair into five parts; when i blowdry I never take a piece larger than a brush's width for control. I go through the edges of her hair with either silicone drops or gel and a pressing comb."

The Gear: " Essence uses KMS daily repair Shampoo and the Karite Creme Revitalisante Rene Furterer to condition."

Reality Tv: "to get essence's look, you can wash and ser your hair on large rollers. Then after taking the set down wrap your hair one one large roller on the top and sleep on it."

Thats all there is but there were alot of people on it lets see points of interest....

it says Lisa raye and Elise Neal are not relaxed they are thermally Texturized.
Jill Marie Jones is relaxed. Tracee Ellis Ross is natural of course. Golden Brooks is thermally pressed with added partial weaves. Persia white is natural and gets a press once a week. Eve is natural and wears weaves because the hair color is so damaging. Tisha Campbell Martin---doesnt say anything about her except she wears a full weave on the show to protect her hair. Kallita Smith wears a press and curl.

Ok Im done now...lol....hope this helps

I could have sworn I heard Tracee Elis Ross has a silkener.

Does thermally texturized mean that they've used heat so much their hair can't nap up anymore :lol:

Back