Erica78 --- Congratulations on your BIG CHOP!!!!

jainygirl

Congrats on chopping Erica!!!/images/graemlins/clap.gif I didnt know you had even chopped until i saw you mention it in the other thread. Dont forget to be good to your hair and your hair will be good to you /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Love your hair for what it is and wear the hell out of your natural crown girlie!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Congrats and enjoy your natural hair /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif -- jainygirl

Re: Erica78 --- Congratulations on your B.C. !!!!

I second that! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I am growing tempted with all these BC threads. How nice it would be to start all over again with my texture. Congrats, Erica78. I can't wait to see photos. /images/graemlins/Flahssssss.gif

I was thinking the same hting Lorraine....

How exciting! Congrats, Erica. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Awww...thanks guys! This thread really put a smile on my face. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm still trying to adjust to this chop. I have been collecting decorated clips and pins over the years...so they are finally coming in handy right now. I played in my hair all yesterday...and this morning. I still can't believe I did it. It was crazy seeing my hair piled up on the floor...and the fact that I wasn't screaming surprised me. You know the funny thing is that you really don't know what your hair texture is until you chop. I have all these tiny springy coils in the back of my head. To think that when I first came here...I typed myself a 3a or 3b...of course back then I was still relaxing and so I couldn't really know. /images/graemlins/angel.gif

Congrats Erica!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I just viewed your album. lOVE your pictures, and the baby "puff" pix! I can't wait to see the new ones.
SG

Congrats, Erica /images/graemlins/dance7.gif...I can't wait to see the pics /images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Congratulations /images/graemlins/clap.gif I hope you are just loving you natural hair. I too started my transition in December 2003 and I am so ready to do the big chop. I can't wait to see your new pictures.

[ QUOTE ]
Erica78 said:
Awww...thanks guys! This thread really put a smile on my face. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm still trying to adjust to this chop. I have been collecting decorated clips and pins over the years...so they are finally coming in handy right now. I played in my hair all yesterday...and this morning. I still can't believe I did it. It was crazy seeing my hair piled up on the floor...and the fact that I wasn't screaming surprised me. You know the funny thing is that you really don't know what your hair texture is until you chop. I have all these tiny springy coils in the back of my head. To think that when I first came here...I typed myself a 3a or 3b...of course back then I was still relaxing and so I couldn't really know. /images/graemlins/angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you definitely don't know your hair type till after you chop.. what do you think you are now?

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Erica78 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you definitely don't know your hair type till after you chop.. what do you think you are now?

[/ QUOTE ]

So true! You couldn't have convinced me that I'd have anything remotely curly on my head when I was transitioning.

/images/graemlins/weird.gif Congrats Erica!!!

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

@ Rush girl..I really have no idea what hair type I am. Andre's system gives me a super headache. /images/graemlins/confused.gif Someone had posted another system a while back that had a HUGE range of hair types. I wish I could see it again cause that one is so much easier for me to understand. If I was forced to pick a hair type from Andre's system @ gun point /images/graemlins/cool.gif...I would say I am a 4A. A couple of my friends disagree and say that I am a sraight 3C. IMO...3C and 4A sound exactly the same...

Thanks again everyone. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

that would prolly be the hair types on naturally curly's website.. http://naturallycurly2.com/curl411/types.php?PHPSESSID=12fbf1a9263be85a2c432da98b7c9eb2 hopefully that should work.. if not, go to naturallycurly.com and click on curl411 and go down to hair types.. it's so much better than Andre's.. his is WAY to hmmm..what's the word.. general would be a nice word..lol vague is another.. go there and let me know what you think.. I still can't figure out what I am.. I think I need longer hair first to figure it out..

You know I am always at that site but I never bothered to look at their typing system. Thanks for posting it. I guess I would be a 3C according to their description. If I ever find the link to that other system..I will pass it on to you. I'm about to do a little searching.

Congrats!!!!!!! I cant wait to see the pics!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Back