Enjoying relaxed hair

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
So it's been a week since my relaxer and I have to say I'm enjoying it. I did a protein treatment the day after and I DC'd yesterday with silk elements mega cholesterol conditioning treatment.

I make sure I wrap my hair and use a silk scarf to bed everynight. I didn't do that often when my hair was previously relaxed.

That profectiv growth lotion keeps my hair moisturized and shiny

Call me crazy but I rub my scalp and I feel a couple millimeters of ng :grin:

I'm waiting on my BT....hopefully it works for me!!

Awww! I'm glad you're loving your relaxed journey so far!! It looks so healthy and thick. SoOooOoo...... when are we gonna get more pics :lick: LOL!

I took 25minutes to flat iron all my hair today.....wow that's unheard of.....with my natural hair that would take me about 3hrs.

I also find that my hair has more bounce and swing when flat ironed than when I rollerset and wrap

Good for you!

I "relaxed" 10 days ago and I can feel growth too, you're not crazy.

The BT does work, you should be happy with it :yep:

Did the protein make your hair revert any?

Tomorrow is going to be my first protein treatment after texlaxing (I WAS going for the straight look, but my hair will just not do it) and I'm afraid I'll get reversion.

Good for you!

Tomorrow is going to be my first protein treatment after texlaxing (I WAS going for the straight look, but my hair will just not do it) and I'm afraid I'll get reversion.

your hair looks pretty

the protein didn't make my hair revert at all.

I haven't received my BT yet.... hopefully I will this coming week

Good for you!

OP, I am glad you are enjoying your relaxed hair. Good for you!:yep:
I touched my hair last week after 12weeks,and I did a protein treatment, and and my hair turned crunchy. I did a deep treatment and everything. Well,my hair did revert.:perplexed:wallbash::ohwell::nono: I don't know what to do now. Buy moisturize and leave it alone.

You go girl, I would just offer that maybe you should be careful of wrapping your hair. I have seen a few comments (and can attest from experience) that frequent wrapping often leaves one side shorter and breaks easier. My left side is still a good two inches shorter than my right (I can bring myself to even the cut yet)

I just relaxed today. I added protein to my relaxer and I added extra protein to my ORS Replenishing Conditioner (I used Neutral Protein Filler from Sally's).

My hair isn't reverting and my hair feels real soft! I think maybe the key is to use a protein that is meant to be used with a chemical service? I know that neutral protein filler is meant to be used with a color service (a little bottle is only two bucks).

My hair did revert when I did a protein treatment (can't remember what I used). It's all good because I wasn't shooting for bone straight...just wanted to relax my naps a bit:grin:

You go girl, I would just offer that maybe you should be careful of wrapping your hair. I have seen a few comments (and can attest from experience) that frequent wrapping often leaves one side shorter and breaks easier. My left side is still a good two inches shorter than my right (I can bring myself to even the cut yet)
oh really....never heard that before..... I used to wrap my hair when I was relaxed before but I really wasn't paying attention to my hair then so I didn't notice.

oh really....never heard that before..... I used to wrap my hair when I was relaxed before but I really wasn't paying attention to my hair then so I didn't notice.

all you gotta do is switch the sides up to keep that from happening :yep:

Today i relaxed :drunk:using MOTION HERBAL its kinda early (9 weeks)!normally i would strengh to 3-4 months.But since i switch relaxer my last retouch which its called(proclaim) it messed up my hair i cant strengh no longer than 9 weeks.(ooo weell)4 of july couple days away !

Today i relaxed :drunk:using MOTION HERBAL its kinda early (9 weeks)!normally i would strengh to 3-4 months.But since i switch relaxer my last retouch which its called(proclaim) it messed up my hair i cant strengh no longer than 9 weeks.(ooo weell)4 of july couple days away !
what was your experience with motions herbal?

MOTION HERBAL the best relaxer it helps me strenghin to 3-4 months without dryin my hair out like proclaim did .I been using MOTION every since it came out never used any other relaxer my hair like it.

MOTION HERBAL the best relaxer it helps me strenghin to 3-4 months without dryin my hair out like proclaim did .I been using MOTION every since it came out never used any other relaxer my hair like it.
I used to use it when I lived in Dominica and I switched to profectiv when I moved up here.... I've never used the herbal one though.

Thanks Grady!!!

I've been experiencing some shedding lately. I used gro aut a few times before I relaxed so I'm not sure if that's what caused it. I only used it once since I relaxed but I only noticed the shedding a few days ago.....I haven't used gro aut in over a week. I looked at the shed hair and I see the hair bulb so I know it's not breakage.

How do I stop this?

Thanks Grady!!!

I've been experiencing some shedding lately. I used gro aut a few times before I relaxed so I'm not sure if that's what caused it. I only used it once since I relaxed but I only noticed the shedding a few days ago.....I haven't used gro aut in over a week. I looked at the shed hair and I see the hair bulb so I know it's not breakage.

How do I stop this?

I'm not sure how to stop it, maybe it could be that you notice the shed hair more b/c relaxed shed hair tends to slip out from the length of the hair?

I just stretched for 14 weeks and wasn't really good at combing, I had a lot of little knots in my hair that i had to work out.

Well as I was neutralizing, conditioning, all through the hair process after I relaxed, little clumps/groupings of hair kept slipping out every now and then.

My hair is really thick and bluntly cut, I just beleive it was shed hair that was trapped in the new growth and that I didn't get out by combing.

They say that scalps shed 50-100 hairs a day so as long as your not seeing little broken pieces I wouldn't worry about it.

But a lot of ladies here say they use Garlic shampoo for shed hair. I've never used it but maybe some of them will chime in.

I agree, you're only noticing it more because it's straight.

As far as wrapping, yeah, switch sides. I was never one for wrapping, when my hair was your length whilst I was relaxed I would brush it all back and put on a do-rag. :lachen:

I agree, you're only noticing it more because it's straight.

As far as wrapping, yeah, switch sides. I was never one for wrapping, when my hair was your length whilst I was relaxed I would brush it all back and put on a do-rag. :lachen:
did you pit up the ends when you did it that way?

Back