Ended my 16 month transition last Saturday... OFFICIALLY A NATURAL! [Pics]

Congratulations! You are starting off with a good amount of hair. I wish I had waited longer in my transistion in the beginning, I would have been happier.

Hey guys :wave:

I'm sooo excited to share with you all my new natural 'do! I BC'ed last Saturday at Prive salon in NYC. To be honest, I've been wanting to BC for a while now, but just kept putting it off. Eventually it got to the point where I said to myself, *** it, it'll be short, but it will definitely be easier to manage and it'll be healthy and grow as a result.

I know my post is long overdue for those who requested to see my newly natural state, I've been just way too busy with work! Anyway, onto the pics.

PRE-BC: (In the process of being flat-ironed)
o5nc7n.jpg

BC:
(2nd day hair pulled into a puff)
5dtd2g.jpg

During and before my DC process:
do46yw.jpg

2cgcxvl.jpg

2j2z1j9.jpg

24zgmmx.jpg

I must say, I never freaked out or went into hair shock during the chopping process. In fact, once it was done, I wondered why didn't I chop sooner! :lol:

Right now my regimen is cowashing everyday, doing a WNG, and on the weekends I do a protein and then a moisturizing DC. Staples right now are Aloe Rid, KCCC, KC Knot Today, and Aussie Moist.

HTH, and HAPPY HAIR GROWING! :yep:

Your hair looks great! Question what is your hair type. I am sitting here with a perm in my hand 29 weeks post and this is a very hard task. My hair doesn't seem to have anything going for it right now but super thick roots

Thanks ladies!!!

Your hair looks great! Question what is your hair type. I am sitting here with a perm in my hand 29 weeks post and this is a very hard task. My hair doesn't seem to have anything going for it right now but super thick roots

Hey there, I understand COMPLETELY. Firstly, congratulations on making it 29 weeks post without relaxing!

I don't usually try to type my hair because it's so many different textures. If I had to, I'd say that a good portion of my kitchen and portion of my hair is 3b-3c range, the other half is probably 4a and I have two small patches right under my ears that are a little more curly in texture. (I don't actually have curls, I have waves, I only get the curls if I use KCCC or another holding gel).

If you feel as though this is your time to relax, then far be it for anyone here to restrict you! But you've worked so hard, and if you feel you can push it, then you should try. You have a TON of different resources and people here willing to help you on your journey, including myself.

It's not easy, and it's more than just a physical transition, it's mental and probably even a little bit psychological and emotional too. We're all here to help you along the way. :yep:

Congratulations!!!! Your hair's beautiful! I'm only 6.5 months post, my initial target is 12 months but I'd love to wait as long as possible, 16 months would be fantastic!

HHG! Enjoy your natural journey :-)

Beautiful hair OP!

Just a word of caution...be careful with wash n go's. Many naturals end up with single strand knots galore which leads to tangling, breakage, and trimming. At the very least you should switch up with some styles that have your ends stretched out and not allowed to dry shrunken.

I concur, i get tons and tons of single strand knots.

Back