End Papers

charmtreese

Whats the purpose of end papers? Are they needed for all rollersets? I'm doing my first rollerset Sunday, whats the deal?:perplexed

End wraps help to get my ends smooth and straight on the roller. This way they dry without any frizzing at all. Not everyone uses them though.

My last rollerset I didn't use any end papers because I couldn't find them but my hair turned out fine. They're great if you normally have frizzy ends or to add a little length to shorter hair to help wrap it around the rollers if they're a little too big. HTH

End papers are used to prevent hook-ends, and are more commonly used in perm wraps/spiral perms or with very short hair to create the perfect set.

Co-signing with what the other ladies mentioned about getting smooth sets. But I've found that I don't need end papers when using magnetic rollers. I just smooth the ends of my hair onto the roller while the hair is damp. To each his own but I've only used end papers when using my VS steam rollers.

it depends on the rollers . i mean you dont have to use them. when i use the magnetice rollers (smooth surface) i dont used them . sponge rollers and those cold wave rods , id use them for so the dont snag my ends.

Back in the day I would NEVER roll my hair w/o using the paper ends. I rarely use them any more, but I have a whole box full. I'm gonna try them out today (it's wash day) and see if I notice a difference.

Last edited:
Back