Encourge Me Please

napgurl

Well my long hair is gone, cut off to the middle of my ears. I was getting my hair braided and the sisters whom took out my braids were impatient and cut, pulled and tugged my hair to an uneven mess.

I bit the bullet and had a stylist cut my hair even thus I must start my growth all over. I'm so glad I found this group because I know I will find the encouragement and advise I need to get my hair back on track.

I have very thick hair and I need some advice to what do when I work out. I don't what to add heat to my hair unfortunately; this seems the only remedy to make my short style look good.

Thanks a bunch.

I got a relaxer when I got it cut. I was trying to go natural with the braides. I have an affirm relaxer.

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you! As far as working out, and short hair I am not really the expert. When i used to work out (like two years ago lol) I would wear my hair in a wrap then afterwords i would take it down. Hopefully some of the other ladies on the board will be able to help you more. BTW you will be back to your old length in no time with help from this board so don't be discouraged!!:)

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but of course it will grow back and with the help of all these "growth aids", it can grow back even faster. :grin: Just continue to give your hair TLC and make sure your properly wrap your hair up every night.

As far as working out, I think BSB idea of wrapping it, sounds good. I saw a lady at the gym the other day with hair about your length and she also had her hair tightly wrapped.

Don't worry, it will grow back even healthier and thicker than before. Just be patient. :kiss:

Oh yeah, Welcome!!! :wave:

Last edited:
Sorry about your hair. If you work out at home you can put conditioner in your hair, put a plastic cap on while you work out and your own body heat will help deep condition. Then you can wrap your hair tie it with a scarf and let it air dry.

crazyabouthair said:
Sorry about your hair. If you work out at home you can put conditioner in your hair, put a plastic cap on while you work out and your own body heat will help deep condition. Then you can wrap your hair tie it with a scarf and let it air dry.

Thats actually a really good idea!! i plan to do this on Sundays :)

Back