*Emu Oil Users* Have You Seen Benefits?

Has emu oil helped your hair...?

• Yes, my hair has grown considerably.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes, my hair has thickened considerably.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes, my hair has stopped shedding.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Yes, my hair has grown, thickened and stopped shedding.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes, my hair is more manageable.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • No, my hair did not reap a benefit.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • No, but perhaps I didn't use the product long enough.

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Hi, I'd like to know what are the benefits of emu oil and has it made your hair thicker or longer or perhaps, healthy and manageable overall?

Please post your hair lengths and the length of time you've used the product...

Reggies would be good, as well...

I have been using the Hydratherma Naturals Growth lotion(contains emu oil) for 2 weeks now and my hair has never been softer. I use it 2 times a day to moisturize. I will have to use it a lil longer to see if it helps to thicken and grow my hair.

Here is a link to the website where she talks about the benefits of emu oil
http://www.healthyhairjourney.com/untitled16.html

I just bought some. I have to use it separately so I know if its working or not... might be a minute... lol...but I'll report back. It was $20 at the soap dish for 8 ozs. I'm sure it's not the PURE PURE...but good enough for me to start out with.

I just started using mine again. I have a 16 ounce bottle that has just been sitting there as emu oil makes my hair tacky. However, this time I diluted it with shea oil to add to my scalp concoction and to seal my hair with and my hair has never been better. Diluting it was the way to go as, since using it, my hair is so soft and strong everyday.

I just started using mine again. I have a 16 ounce bottle that has just been sitting there as emu oil makes my hair tacky. However, this time I diluted it with shea oil to add to my scalp concoction and to seal my hair with and my hair has never been better. Diluting it was the way to go as, since using it, my hair is so soft and strong everyday.

where'd you order and how much was your humungous!! bottle...???
also, what is the benefit of royal jelly? i see it in your siggy...curious...i know, i digress.

I bought a bottle at vitamin shoppe and didn't finish the bottle. I used it on both my hair and skin. I didn't use it on my hair for growth purposes so I can't comment on Emu's affect on growth. I was somewhat unimpressed with the results on my hair (compared to the myriad of other oils I use). I paid like $20 for a small bottle so I wouldn't necessarily recommend as a hair dressing.

As far as growth, we all know that putting oil on top of the scalp is not the key to hair growth.

I used this to help a second degree relaxer burn. It expedited the healing process and I have a little hair in the former bald spot. I would never repurchase unless it was under these conditions-- that stuff is a little too pricey to not give shine or any other benefits!

I bought a bottle at vitamin shoppe and didn't finish the bottle. I used it on both my hair and skin. I didn't use it on my hair for growth purposes so I can't comment on Emu's affect on growth. I was somewhat unimpressed with the results on my hair (compared to the myriad of other oils I use). I paid like $20 for a small bottle so I wouldn't necessarily recommend as a hair dressing.

As far as growth, we all know that putting oil on top of the scalp is not the key to hair growth.

from my research, it seems there are a myriad of oils that do promote growth, sulfur oil, bringaraj oil, amla oil, mahabringaraj oil, peppermint oil to name a few....they are infused with herbs and such, but nonetheless, they do encourage growth. emu oil is suppossed to stimulate the follicles of the scalp to encourage re-growth of hair....

I have been using the Hydratherma Naturals Growth lotion(contains emu oil) for 2 weeks now and my hair has never been softer. I use it 2 times a day to moisturize. I will have to use it a lil longer to see if it helps to thicken and grow my hair.

Here is a link to the website where she talks about the benefits of emu oil
http://www.healthyhairjourney.com/untitled16.html

Same here, I just ordered a bottle from Hydratherma Naturals. I use mine as a sealer so I don't think I'd get the same benefits if I were adding it to my scalp. I don't know if it'll make my hair grow, but WOW it smells like heaven. I am loving and smelling my hair all day. Oh and just for the record, the HN version has Emu Oil but it also has other oils inside. Don't know if maybe putting 100% Emu Oil in your hair would be a better choice to make it grow.

where'd you order and how much was your humungous!! bottle...???
also, what is the benefit of royal jelly? i see it in your siggy...curious...i know, i digress.

I second that!! I've never seen Emu Oil in that size - do you remember where you got it from and how much it was?

I'm very interested in using it.... :yep:

thanks for your input, everyone. any other testimonies and pictures.?..like i have any pictures, oh, yeah, i do, in my public profile :grin:...(not results of emu oil, though)

Last edited:
I just bought some. I have to use it separately so I know if its working or not... might be a minute... lol...but I'll report back. It was $20 at the soap dish for 8 ozs. I'm sure it's not the PURE PURE...but good enough for me to start out with.

I bought some at the Indian store for no more than $4 dollars. Now I need to check if it's pure or not....I plan on mixing it with MT (when I buy it).

I've used it for 4 months and did not notice any benefit to my hair. I like that it's not oily. I'll finish my bottle and will not buy it again.

EMU oil is a staple for me!! Prior to using it my scalp was tight and dry and very itchy.....NOW my scalp is very soft, not itchy anymore and it's very moisterized. I also get nice growth every month (between 1/2 & 3/4) I will *always* use EMU oil. :love: :yep::up:

Last edited:
I've been using it over the last yr as I transition. Mainly use it on the scalp and new growth I mix it with other herbs and either avocado or olive oils and my new growth is crazy soft. Haven't really paid attention to the growth since I'm cutting off the relaxed ends, but my natural hair loves the mix.

I used emu oil in a concoction I made for my mom. She's been having trouble growing her crown back in after taking out dreads, and she's older, and women in my family start thinning out as they get older so... needless to say, we were concerned. It had been 2 yrs, and still, mad shiny spots where the parts had been.

So, one say, I came upon this thread, http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=304709, but I only had, like, two of the ingredients (the glycerin and the aloe). I didn't use shea butter, cuz we have fine hair, so I replaced it with emu oil and neem oil. She's been using it for maybe 2 mos. and we've seen a noticeable improvement. Lots of fuzzy gray new growth. Whoever said that it regrows hair is right. The mechanism is similar to neem, I think, in that they both are general skin repairers, so if you're having follicle issues in particular, it may help.

I only used it to help grow back a bald spot on the front of my head, and it worked very well for that.
I didn't know at the time that it could be used for other things.

I have seen results with Emu oil....It's my new staple. I started off slow applying it to my scalp and hair once a week. My hair and scalp would absorb it immediately.

But I noticed that my edges are filling in; my edges on the right side were very thin (like you saw my scalp thin). But yesterday I noticed that my scalp wasn't as noticeable as before and the hair was thickening up.

So I'm going to up my usage of emu oil to about three times a week.

But ladies do your research. I heard emu oil penetrates deeply into your skin (I think 7 layers). So be careful what you mix this stuff with.

Back