Emu Oil and MONOI TIARE TAHITI Oil

splendid10

Do you use Emu Oil or MONOI TIARE TAHITI Oil? Do you use on your hair? Do you use on your Scalp? What benefits have you seen from using either Emu Oil or MONOI TIARE TAHITI Oil? Do you mix with other ingredients or products? Would you recommend Emu Oil or MONOI TIARE TAHITI Oil to others?

I have used three bottles of emu oil and loved it. I used it on the hair a scalp. My hair felt better and this is a great conditioner. I didn't notice any extra growth. I will be ordering some more once I finish using some of these other products.

I use emu oil on my scalp 3 times a week and on my face nightly - it's very moisturizing, in the winter my scalp tends to get dry, but I haven't had any problems since using it.

I also use Elemis Monoi oil - i love the smell, use it to add shine to my hair during the week and mix it with lotion in the winter.

I use monoi tiare tahiti oil. This will be my staple for awhile, if not forever. I may still buy castor oil to add to my conditioners, but I will be letting all the other oils go. It came in a 16 ounce bottle and when it melted -- because it was up to 70 degrees here in Atlanta over the weekend with 95% humidity --I poured it in a 20 ounce jar and added an ounce and a half of meadowfoam oil to it. It has hardened again, but with a nice, smooth, softened, easy to scoop consistency. It looks like a very rich, luscious pomade and it is wonderful stuff. It leaves my hair so soft and moisturized and shiny. I have emu oil, too, but it just sits there in my cabinet. I do not know why I don't use it.

Last edited:
Where can I find monoi tiare tahiti oil? I have emu oil but i used it once,for other reasons. I may try it on my hair.

cecepassion said:
Where can I find monoi tiare tahiti oil? I have emu oil but i used it once,for other reasons. I may try it on my hair.

Do you not like your emu oil? I have some oils I don't want. You want to swap?

I have both oils.

Emu oil I like to use with my essential oils, I may use it tonight to deep condition.

It has a funny smell that makes me a little sick to my stomach.

The Monoi oil just seems to be scented coconut oil, I don't really see any difference in it beside the scent. When I am finished with the bottle I will just use my coconut oil from the health food store with some essential oil added, or the Vatika oil because this is coconut oil with added hair healthy herbs.

trimbride said:
I have both oils.

Emu oil I like to use with my essential oils, I may use it tonight to deep condition.

It has a funny smell that makes me a little sick to my stomach.

The Monoi oil just seems to be scented coconut oil, I don't really see any difference in it beside the scent. When I am finished with the bottle I will just use my coconut oil from the health food store with some essential oil added, or the Vatika oil because this is coconut oil with added hair healthy herbs.

I have bought emu oil from three different companies and it never smells.

I have been using emu oil on my face for about 4 months and my skin has never been this clear. That, in combination with AO facial cleansing cream, has stopped my monthly breakouts!:)

Where's everyone ordering the emu oil from? Also what type? I was on FNWL.com and here are the types they have:

Oil: Emu, Clear, AEA Certified Fully Refined
Oil: Emu, Grade A, AEA Certified Fully Refined
Oil: Emu, Ultra, AEA Certified Fully Refined

MissVee said:
Where's everyone ordering the emu oil from? Also what type? I was on FNWL.com and here are the types they have:

Oil: Emu, Clear, AEA Certified Fully Refined
Oil: Emu, Grade A, AEA Certified Fully Refined
Oil: Emu, Ultra, AEA Certified Fully Refined

I get mine from a local health store. This is the company: http://www.thunderridgeemu.com/

MONOI TIARE TAHITI Oil:D !!!

I had a bottle of this in 2005, and mixed it with unrefined shea butter and coconut oil....fell in love with it!!!

Thanks for reminding me to buy some more...the vanilla and the coco one:grin:

I use triple refined clear emu oil for my face which is really nice (not stinky either) I can't always handle the smell of regular emu oil.

I have used it on my scalp back when i got burns from relaxing and found it to be very soothing and I healed quicker, so I could see it being really good for people who have a dry and/or itchy scalp.

-A

Arcadian said:
I use triple refined clear emu oil for my face which is really nice (not stinky either) I can't always handle the smell of regular emu oil.

I have used it on my scalp back when i got burns from relaxing and found it to be very soothing and I healed quicker, so I could see it being really good for people who have a dry and/or itchy scalp.

-A

Do you buy your oil online or in a store?

MissVee said:
Do you buy your oil online or in a store?

I've always bought online from LB Processor. The clear is more expensive but smell free. The regular...ooo man, its a lil smelly.

I bought plenty early last year and kept it in the basement which stays at a constant temperature.

I've no doubt you can get it on ebay but I don't want to take chances its not the real thing.

-A

Is there a big difference btwn regular shea butter & unrefined shea butter?

nfynit_812 said:
MONOI TIARE TAHITI Oil:D !!!

I had a bottle of this in 2005, and mixed it with unrefined shea butter and coconut oil....fell in love with it!!!

Thanks for reminding me to buy some more...the vanilla and the coco one:grin:

Jlove74, I really LOVE Elemis products! I got introduced to them on a cruise ship. The monoi oil on that site was 48, does anyone know where to get it cheaper?

Arcadian said:
I've always bought online from LB Processor. The clear is more expensive but smell free. The regular...ooo man, its a lil smelly.

I bought plenty early last year and kept it in the basement which stays at a constant temperature.

I've no doubt you can get it on ebay but I don't want to take chances its not the real thing.

-A

Back