Emotional or Physical Infidelity.....

To me, they're both equally horrific, just in different ways. Both involve telling lies and being hypocritical, which is really difficult for me to deal with.

To me, they're both equally horrific, just in different ways. Both involve telling lies and being hypocritical, which is really difficult for me to deal with.

I agree, I have a friend who just found out that her husband had been talking to an ex-girlfriend for over a year and a half without her knowledge. His ex-girlfriend lived out of town so there was no physical communication, but she is going through something right now. It might end up destroying her marriage.

Emotional is so much worse. It is hard to know when and where exactly it began and whether it is over. At least with sex it is over the moment the sex is over even though memories may linger...
physical can often be attributed to momentary lapse in judgment, weakness of the flesh, emotional...it is meditated and entertained.

I wouldn't rather have either one though. No thank you.

Emotional for me....both are horrific. But the emotional is much worse, IMO.

I have read that emotional cheating is worse for most women because we are emotional creatures and that's how we connect with our SO, so if he's "giving it" to someone else, it hurts so much more.

Emotional is so much worse. It is hard to know when and where exactly it began and whether it is over. At least with sex it is over the moment the sex is over even though memories may linger...
physical can often be attributed to momentary lapse in judgment, weakness of the flesh, emotional...it is meditated and entertained.

I wouldn't rather have either one though. No thank you.

I'm with you on that, I wouldn't want either one:nono:

I think that emotional infidelity is the worst also... By the way Honeycomb, you are beautiful and so is your hair...

I have read that emotional cheating is worse for most women because we are emotional creatures and that's how we connect with our SO, so if he's "giving it" to someone else, it hurts so much more.

I think that emotional infidelity is the worst also... By the way Honeycomb, you are beautiful and so is your hair...

Thank you, how very sweet!!

I'm thinking that it's worse, my friend is tormented by her husband's secret relationship.

I think both too me would be equal because Emotional will lead into the physical!

True, I was telling DH about his and he said the two can be separate, but I do believe that it could lead to physical, maybe that's not how it started out, but if it goes on long enough it will.

True, I was telling DH about his and he said the two can be separate, but I do believe that it could lead to physical, maybe that's not how it started out, but if it goes on long enough it will.

When it comes to men the key is really emotional we as women for them must keep that going! Physical is short term for that moment however, when a women cracks the code of emotion on a man that is the point of no return! That is why my X-FH has such a hard time letting me go b/c I made a connection emotional first!:perplexed However, too me that emotional will go into the physical!

When it comes to men the key is really emotional we as women for them must keep that going! Physical is short term for that moment however, when a women cracks the code of emotion on a man that is the point of no return! That is why my X-FH has such a hard time letting me go b/c I made a connection emotional first!:perplexed However, too me that emotional will go into the physical!

Absolutely, I also feel the woman that a man is having that emotional connection with, is probably telling him all the things he wants to hear, esp. if he's in a troubled marriage.

Absolutely, I also feel the woman that a man is having that emotional connection with, is probably telling him all the things he wants to hear, esp. if he's in a troubled marriage.

Yes, Stroking his male EGO then that leads to her stroking his other part of his body!:blush: It happens!

Now, if we go to the Physical and then Emotional it will not work at all!

Yes, Stroking his male EGO then that leads to her stroking his other part of his body!:blush: It happens!

Now, if we go to the Physical and then Emotional it will not work at all!

:lachen::lachen:Funny!!!

If the woman puts it out first, then he's not even trying to see if she's got a brain, he gets what he wants, then bounces, forget if she's got any smarts about her.

:lachen::lachen:Funny!!!

If the woman puts it out first, then he's not even trying to see if she's got a brain, he gets what he wants, then bounces, forget if she's got any smarts about her.

Then once she puts it out first then to him she has no brains at all and is only good for one thing. Then she will fight him tooth and nail to see that she is worth more than just a physical interaction you cannot do that! Not in this area! At times though since you put it this way I am thinking men may want to go for the physical so that their would be no emotional attachment! Gurl We Good!:lachen::lachen:

Then once she puts it out first then to him she has no brains at all and is only good for one thing. Then she will fight him tooth and nail to see that she is worth more than just a physical interaction you cannot do that! Not in this area! At times though since you put it this way I am thinking men may want to go for the physical so that their would be no emotional attachment! Gurl We Good!:lachen::lachen:

Yep, yep, we good:lachen:. But I've read lots of info on the physical and the emotional, and most women seem to be more tramatized by the emotional, and I found it to be interesting, and in some cases marriages can not be rebuilt:sad:

Yep, yep, we good:lachen:. But I've read lots of info on the physical and the emotional, and most women seem to be more tramatized by the emotional, and I found it to be interesting, and in some cases marriages can not be rebuilt:sad:

Yes, this part is so true and this happens quite often when a man steps out on his wife/SO

I agree that emotional is worse. I would divorce my husband if I found out he had a relationship with another woman even if it wasn't physical.

Yes, this part is so true and this happens quite often when a man steps out on his wife/SO

In my friend's case, she found cell phone bills with an unrecognizable # on it. When she confronted her husband, he told her it was a male friend. So he lied about it. Then when she called the # a woman answered, so then he had to confess. He said the calls had been going on for over a year. The woman called him at home one day, to find out how he was doing after 20 years, then it jumped off from there. Now my friend is an emotional wreck, because the man she trusted would never do anything like this, let it happen, and she just feels like they were not as close as she thought they were, esp. since it had gone on for so long, right up under her nose.

Back