Emergency - I need a Box Curl

leona2025

After having brain surgery, my mom is in a deep depression. They had to cut quiet a bit of her hair. So she shaved her whole head. She has about and inch of natural hair now and I told her she should embrace it and love the texture. She is like:nono:.

So she's be literally crying because she wants some type of curl that comes in the box like a relaxer that can be done at home. I don't know anything about these type of products. can some suggest some box curls which I can research?

I have no suggestions but I wanted to say bless your moms heart for having to go through brain surgery. I pray she heals completely and does not have to return to that operating table again.

you mean a body wave like carefree curl or wave nouveau? some bss carry what u need. have u considered a texturizer or gelling her hair so she can see some curls?

God Bless you and your mom. I wish her a speedy and complete recovery.

I also think a texturizer would give her enough curl pattern without having to do a whole lot of rolling and maintenance in the future.

I was going to suggest a texturizer too. But if you really want to deter her from chemicals, you might recommend a curly wig or half wig? Or, as someone else suggested, putting gel in her hair for curl definition?

Either way, I hope you are able to find something that makes her feel better. And above all, I hope she FEELS better, both about the way she looks and that her health improves! Brain surgery is pretty major and I hope she never has to go through anything like that again.

ETA: Check Sally's online store.
Soft Sheen Carson - Care Free Curl - Chemical Rearranger

Aww...I wish your mom could wear a wig. I think a "mommy wig" is so cute. I am not against getting the curl, but I think when we are emotional we tend to rush into things without looking before we jump. If she's never done this before (and it seems she hasn't or she'd know what to get), I would be afraid of doing it wrong or just going into it w/o being fully informed. (We've seen longterm LHCFers who have gotten all their "training" here still screw up so I'd hate for her to damage her hair and regret it coz she's rushing into it out of a feeling of unease/unhappiness.) I wish Reniece or someone who has had success doing it could do it for her.

Back