Emergency Hair Care Kit

aquajoyice

I live in the Bay area and heard from a co-worker that there is some prediction that we will have another major earthquake by the end of this month.
Ever since the Japan quake and tsunami i've been working on my emergency rations as a precaution. :look::look: I have all the basics but just realized I haven't put together an emergency haircare kit. Thank goodness i'm no longer relaxing so all I really need are my leave-ins, V05 Moisture milks for detangling, wide tooth comb, boar brush, hair ties, baking soda for clarifying, distilled water just in case, coconut oil and shea butter :lol::lol: I know that sounds like a long list :spinning: But with these items my hair will thrive even through the harshest of conditions. Oh not to mention my silk hair wraps and a few plastic caps for deep conditioning :grin:

Do any of you keep an emergency product stash of items you can't live without in the case of an emergency?

Let me tell you.. if there is an earthquake or tsunami warning around these parts the LAST thing I'll be thinking about is my hair! Yikes! LOL

Do any of you keep an emergency product stash of items you can't live without in the case of an emergency?

The only "emergency" item I keep in my car and purse is a bunch of ponytail holders. I got them at work too. A ponytail will save me from a frizzy hair day.

I live in FL and we experience hurricanes, tornados, etc. so to answer you, no - in the case of emergency, my hair is not a priority. Health, Strength, Safety for me and my family comes first. I'd rock a baldy if my life and my families life can be preserved/spared. Hair will grow back.

Last edited:
I try to keep some bobby pins and a pony tail holder in my car for an emergency. As long as my hair is out of my face so I can see which direction to run I am all good.

In case of an emergency...I want to survive...hair is fun but it would not be a priority...but for the "fake" emergencies...I do keep ponytail holders in the car, lol.

Nope, no hair kit. I'm more concerned about having clean water to drink, some canned food to survive on, and other major necessities.

No offense but that is really vain to think about. I have a "Go Bag" and there is nothing for hair in there except some hair ties and a head band... I mean really. lol

ITA with the other posters, hair would be my last worry if there was an emergency of that magnitude. My family, life, food, water, safety and shelter are my main priorities. Think Maslow's hierarchy of needs, if none of those things are satisfied I wouldn't even think of hair.

I made sure to have my top priority food, water and health items of course. But it dawned on me today that I definitely need some items stashed away in case of emergency.

Y'all are taking this thread way too seriously. :perplexed

Just relax and take it in humor. It's not like OP said she'd rather starve than have haircare products.

Don't act surprised that some of us on a hair board may post hair vanity topics for discussion...

Seriously!!! You all need to chill.geeesh!

After I packed away all the necessities (food water clothes medication, batteries, first aid and cash) I'm def. Packing a silk scarf, my con shampoo, wide tooth comb, and olive oil!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

no emergency hair kit per se, but i figure i can include hair stuff in my emergency toiletry kit...

I thought about this very subject when watching this past season of The Walking Dead, I wonder about where I would get hair supplies if I survived an apocalyptic event.The only black female character Jackie was a natural 4B sister but all I kept think about the whole season was if she had stock piled beauty supplies or if she had gone the organic/ Ayurvedic route and was creating her own products.

I thought about this very subject when watching this past season of The Walking Dead, I wonder about where I would get hair supplies if I survived an apocalyptic event.The only black female character Jackie was a natural 4B sister but all I kept think about the whole season was if she had stock piled beauty supplies or if she had gone the organic/ Ayurvedic route and was creating her own products.

I love that show the Walking Dead. In that case I would grab a large zip lock bag filled with shea butter and run. :lol::lol:

Back