Emergencee's In!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Emergencee\'s In!

I don't know what the deal is, but this isn't fun anymore.
frown.gif
I am still losing hair. I know that 10 or 15's not ALOT, but when you're used to 2--it is. I just keep telling myself "Well, you're not going to go bald!" But being on the hair board for almost 2 years had made me SO conscious of these things that normally wouldn't matter to the average woman.

So I've done the intensive damage regimen (another thread) which seemed to work the first time I did it. Then I used the Dumb Blonde reconstructor which I really liked, but it didn't change my hair loss. I will definitely use that again when my problem is under control.
up.gif
It could just be a shedding season--who knows? But some of the hairs have white bulbs at the root and some don't. The problem really starts after I've sprayed or applied my leave-in and am detangling for the final time. (first detangle is under the shower head and shedding/breakage is normal with that) I detangle carefully after the leave-in, I promise.

If this isn't seasonal--I am certain that it's related to the JCP not having the 5 in 1 and me having the colorshine applied before any conditioning was done AFTER my relaxer. (hope that made sense)

Any other suggestions would be SO appreciated.

I'm going to rinse out my Emergencee now (fingers crossed--will update in a bit)

Re: Emergencee\'s In!

I hope that it's seasonal shedding. I'm shedding too and gave myself an Emergencee treatment this weekend. I mixed it with a little Keraphix. It slowed down, but it's still more than normal.

How long has the shedding been for you. For me, it's been about almost 3 weeks. I keep checking my hairline to see if I'm balding. I'm quite worried.

It's been about 4 weeks for me.

Like you I got a little less, but still more than normal just now when I finished up my hair and detangled.

i have a similar post to this. The only difference is i had waaaaay more than 15 hairs and I cried lol.

Hey,

I'd like to read your post and see what everyone advised for you.
smile.gif

Right now I am starting to wonder if I haven't been giving my hair enough protein treatments lately. I know I've been really hitting it with the MC's because it wasn't breaking so I figured I could go without my protein treatments. Hmmmm.... must remember to treat my relaxed hair like damaged hair ...

Alright, I found your thread. Yes, the ladies were very helpful. How's your hair now?

well i don't know how to post links yet.. but the ladies recommended protein treatments. I did a light one: Motions CPR because i haven't seen emergencee and i don't know what bottle of aphogee to buy... buying products confuse me.

Supergirl, I wish I only lost 2 hairs normally. I usually lose about 10-15 or more per day. Anyway, have you tried garlic shampoo? I tried a homemade garlic treatment once and it helped, only my head was a hot funky mess for two weeks. I want to try the shampoo.

You're right. It could be seasonal shedding, but please keep in mind that it could be hormonal or diet. I know you're only used to shedding 2 strands or so, but 10 - 15 really isn't much to worry about imo. Just think about what 'they' say is normal daily hair shedding (now THAT is something).

I love Dumb Blonde Reconstructor too, but it isn't really a strong protein imo. Its something I use weekly when nothing out of the norm is going on. I agree maybe you should step it up to Emergencee, since 15 hairs is out of the norm for you. So do you think this is seasonal shedding? I love the garlic shampoo but it is harsh....

After i got my relaxer back in feb, my hair was shedding like CRAZY
shocked.gif
I figured it was seasonal but i was still concerned. In any event, i bought nutrine garlic shampoo and washed my hair every other day with it... i also did the aphoghee treatment (about 2 weeks after the relaxer and 3 weeks later) and i used the AO GPB weekly (sometimes 2x a week). Finally, after about a month (or so), the shedding stopped and my hair was back to normal.

WAIT A SECOND
SG said:
[ QUOTE ]
If this isn't seasonal--I am certain that it's related to the JCP not having the 5 in 1 and me having the colorshine applied before any conditioning was done AFTER my relaxer. (hope that made sense)

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the affirm applied W/O the 5 in 1 BUT she completely rinsed out the perm with the neutralizer and conditioned it B4 she applied the colourshines (i think...
scratchchin.gif
) This is sooo weird. It's funny tho, b/c i was NOT shedding the first time she did this.
nono.gif

If it wasn't seasonal, than it was either the above OR the fact that i used the joico k-pack reconstructor... i will NEVER touch that stuff again
barf.gif

Have you tried Surge? I just started using it and have noticed it stopped a lot of my shedding. I also hear that Aphogee is pretty good. I used it a few times, but it made my hair hard and matted.

Supergirl I wish it was only 10 to 15 in my case. I seem to be losing around 60-80 a day and I'm getting a little scared.
mad.gif
I'm traveling now and didn't bring a hardcore protein with me because I wasn't having this problem when I left. Let me know if the emergencee works for you, so I can order some and have it waiting for me as soon as I get home. If I have any hair left when I get there.
cry3.gif

wave.gif
Hi Supergirl. I'm sure your shedding will slow down soon. You can probably attribute it to your touch-up, especially if you didn't receive a protein treatment at the time of your touch-up. I use to get a lot of shedding after my TUs but not since my HS started giving me a PT immediately after. It's amazing how that 1-step has made such a difference.
up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Alright, I found your thread. Yes, the ladies were very helpful. How's your hair now?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's much better. After washing and deep conditioning again i oiled my scalp with olive oil and moisturized with shea butter,mizani H20(love that stuff
lick.gif
), and mango butter(hasn't failed me yet
smile.gif
)

ooh I know how stressful losing hair can be, I hope you manage to get it under control soon

xx

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Hee Hee! Nope, I haven't tried the garlic shampoo for exactly that reason!

[/ QUOTE ]

STOP!!! Back away from the Nutrine Garlic Shampoo.... that stuff wrecked havoc on my hair. It jumpstarted MASSIVE shedding. I hadn't experienced any postpartum shedding and thought I'd use this as a preventative measure... WRONG MOVE!!! I combed my hair prior to using it in the shower. Nothing came out. During the shampoo process, the hair was falling out like crazy!!!!! See the pics in my album! It's a wonder I didn't go bald!!! Supergirl, I love your hair. Leave that shampoo alone. I did a thread about it.... Good heavens!

P.S. I'm in Dallas until Monday morning... what's the Dallas crew up to???

Well my hair seems to be doing better today. The real test will be the next time I wash it. I think I'll use Motions Silk Protein on the next few washes. That's a conditioner that provides a good amount of strength when left on longer than normal.
smile.gif

AJDiva,

You're in Dallas? WOW--I'll be at my class reunion this weekend, but I bet some of the other D-Town ladies will be around.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
I think I'll use Motions Silk Protein on the next few washes. That's a conditioner that provides a good amount of strength when left on longer than normal.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true. I get much better results when I leave it on longer. Otherwise, I hate the stuff!

Glad to hear that your hair is recovering!!
smile.gif

Well judging from this post my shedding/breakage doesn't seem to bad. I get upset at wash day when I only lose two hairs max. Or after a set when I lose about 20 hairs total. I will say my breakage/ shedding as decreased with the emergencee treatment. That is some good stuff.

Back