Emergencee

TonicaG

TonicaG
I'm not sure who started the thread about using Emergencee under the dryer and letting it get hard like Aphogee but the results are out of this world! I did it on Monday night and I am speechless with the outcome.

I washed first, applied Emergencee and sat under the dryer. Rinsed and washed again, applied my conditioner for about 30 minutes to an hour, rinsed in warm to cool water and I'm simply overwhelmed!

Again whoever suggested this, many thanks!

COOL! What were the results?? How did they differ from the results you usually get with emergencee without the dryer??

I think I will try this out.

Melodee is the one who suggested to try it like that. I also recieved great results doing it like that

Crystalicequeen123 said:
COOL! What were the results?? How did they differ from the results you usually get with emergencee without the dryer??

With the cap and no heat it was okay and I'm not sure why there's a difference but it is. I didn't suffer ANY breakage from doing it this way. After the treatment and applying my conditioner it was BUTTAH BAY BEE!

Seriously, I'm assuming the heat minus the cap enhanced the effect of the product. I don't know, I don't care, I just know that it worked well for me!!!!!!!!! (SMILES)

I will have to try this. I have a half a tub of it collecting dust under the sink. The Dominican conditioners I have tried haven't really been anything to write home about so I don't use them often.

HoneyDew said:
I will have to try this. I have a half a tub of it collecting dust under the sink. The Dominican conditioners I have tried haven't really been anything to write home about so I don't use them often.

honeydew

this is such a stupid question but the emergencee in this thread isn't Nexxus? If not, where can I purchase the one that you have?
tia

i think the thread is about the Nexxus Emergencee. I have the dominican Emergencia and I got that from sickbay.

TonicaG said:
Rinsed and washed again, applied my conditioner for about 30 minutes to an hour, rinsed in warm to cool water and I'm simply overwhelmed!

Why did you wash a second time after using the emergencee w/o a cap?
I've always just shampooed, applied protein, rinsed protein out, follow-up w/ conditioner and rinse.

newslady how do you do your cw?
thanks in advance

newslady said:
Why did you wash a second time after using the emergencee w/o a cap?
I've always just shampooed, applied protein, rinsed protein out, follow-up w/ conditioner and rinse.

Does this work as good as aphogee? I used the aphogee and the equivalant to aphogee made by elasta qp and neither of them worked.

Crystalicequeen123 said:

When I checked the Nexxus website, it stated that Emergencee is not recommended for relaxed hair. Has anyone else seen this?

From the Nexxus website:

for best results:
Shampoo with the NEXXUS® shampoo for your hair type. Apply an ample amount of EMERGENCÉE to completely cover the hair. Work through. Leave on for 1-2 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Shampoo with THERAPPE® Luxury Moisturizing Shampoo and follow with HUMECTRESS® Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner to maintain moisture balance. Proceed with styling. EMERGENCÉE is an excellent pre-treatment for delicate hair prior to chemical services. Not recommended for use with relaxers.

As I see it they mean do not use it as a step in your relaxing process. There are some relaxers that come with a protei reconstructors as a step and I think they are advising you not to use it in that manner. However I think it is more than okay to use it on relaxed hair in general. HTH!

What it mean is not to use this during your relaxing process. I believe someone emailed them about that and that was their response.

Back