Embarassing, but I have a ?

naturalgurl

I use lots of natural oils in my hair. Lots of mornings I do wet buns and sometimes I get a drip here or there running down my neck. Well I've noticed the I have "oil around the collar". I'm soooo paranoid about it. I asked my sister if she could see it and she told me to stop tripping. I opened the collar and showed her the oil ring. She told me that the only way someone would see my "oil around the collar" is if I open my shirt like I did to show her and show it to them. Is this permanent? How do you get oil out of your clothes? I tried spraying with Spray and Wash but it's still faintly there. Maybe I'm just tripping. Anyone else experience oil stains in their clothes or bed sheets, pillow cases etc. And if so, how do you get it out? I know this is a silly question, but I could do without the oil ring.

Try Goop hand cleaner
12cutout_200w.jpg
. It's in the laundry detergent aisle at Walmat. It works wonder.

good suggestions.

maybe you can also squeeze dry ur hair a bit more or wear a towel over your shoulders until u leave the house to protect urself too?

Naturalgurl, your not alone. I have shirts where I have oil stains that dripped on the front. That i cannot get out!! So now they are my "around the house" shirts.

I'll have to go get some of those products suggested above.

The "oil around the collar" had me rolling.:lachen:

if its freshly dripped oil, you can life it by putting baby powder on the area and letting it sit, don't rub it in. When you go to wash or take it to the dry cleaners it should come out.

I dripped some oil on a silk shirt, did this, took it to the cleaners and came back brand new:yep:

I wodner about htis too! I have a lot of clothes with aoil on the collar or sweat. And if it works for oil, would it work for MTG cuz I KNOW MTG has MESSED UP some sheets of mine!! :lachen:

Thanks for the suggestions! I've heard about putting flour on oil stains if they're fresh and it lifts right out. I also know what you mean Longhairdreams, I have so many around the house shirts, especially t-shirts. They have henna on them and various other oil stains!:ohwell:

I use lots of natural oils in my hair. Lots of mornings I do wet buns and sometimes I get a drip here or there running down my neck. Well I've noticed the I have "oil around the collar". I'm soooo paranoid about it. I asked my sister if she could see it and she told me to stop tripping. I opened the collar and showed her the oil ring. She told me that the only way someone would see my "oil around the collar" is if I open my shirt like I did to show her and show it to them. Is this permanent? How do you get oil out of your clothes? I tried spraying with Spray and Wash but it's still faintly there. Maybe I'm just tripping. Anyone else experience oil stains in their clothes or bed sheets, pillow cases etc. And if so, how do you get it out? I know this is a silly question, but I could do without the oil ring.

Try Dawn dish liquid & hydrogen pyroxide. spray on or dab on the hydrogen pyroxide and let sit for appro 5-10 min, then use the Dawn dish liquid and scrub it in. Now let sit for approx 10-15 min. I like to add another app of hydrogen pyroxide scrub and then wash. It should some out.

Girl I feel you on the oil stains! That's why I had to give up Sta Sof Fro, because I was ruining my clothes! But on the cool, I've found a new technique that helps define curls and add softness and shine.

I basically got some castor oil from the BSS, parted my hair and applied it (try to wet hair and comb thru if you can). Then the next morning I did a conditioner wash then added Cantu Shea Butter leave in. My hair has never been so soft and my curls so defined!!! I love it so much, I've given up the Sta Sof Fro and the ruined clothes!! :lachen:

Why did this thread make me do a double-take at my collar??? And yep I see a stain right there too. I'm going to have to check my other shirts for this issue, and if it's there, I'm going to try some of these suggestions here too. Thanks ladies and thanks naturalgurl for posting this question, you're NOT alone!

Back