Elucence Acidifying Shampoo

AZJeepgurl

Has anyone used this? I did a search back to a year and only came up with 3 entries.

I just bought this along with the Moisture balancing conditioner (couldn't resist because of all the raves) and the volume (not that I need this) Clarifying shampoo.

I guess I had selective reading that night (while on their website) but I didn't realize this is basically a neutralizing shampoo. DUH! /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Which doesnt really help me since I've decided to (and did) go back to my old hair stylist.

Relaxers are the only chemical I get so I dont have any other after-chemical use.

I'm about to return this stuff unless someone tells me that they've also used it as a regular shampoo, a next-wash-after-relaxer shampoo, or any other brilliant reason AND really, really loved it!

Please help! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hi AZJeepgirl. I have both products mentioned and I've only used them after a relaxer, so I really couldn't tell you otherwise. However, I do like both of them very much. I've kept mine because I plan on using them again for after my relaxers. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now correct me if I am wrong...

The acidifying shampoo SHOULD have a similar effect on the hair as rinsing with apple cider vinegar. The acidic formula should help lay down the cuticle and smooth and detangle the hair. One of my favorite conditioners has a pH of 5.5 (neutral pH is 7.0) and is detangles like a dream.

HTH

Thanks, Armyqt! I just fouhd out I'm stuck with it because "All sales are final". Didn't read that part when my eyesight was clouded with pj-itis.

Gigi,
It's a neutralizing shampoo, basically!

The purpose of those shampoos is too counteract the high pH (9-12) of relaxers by having a very low or acidic pH (below 7). The low pH in them helps to bring the pH of the hair down and therfore close the cuticle after processing. I think someone (Tracy?) had posted about pH and the hair on another thread. I will try to find it.

Back