Electrical Hot Combs

pbuckley

Is it safe to use a Hot Tools Electrical Hot comb on my 8 year old natural daughter? Her hair type is 4a/4b. If so what products would you use in conjunction?

I prefer blowdrying and using a flat iron over hot combs of any sort. I don't know maybe it's me but I always end up feeling like a grease monkey when I use a hot comb. When I flat iron my hair is always light and fluffy.

pbuckley said:
Is it safe to use a Hot Tools Electrical Hot comb on my 8 year old natural daughter? Her hair type is 4a/4b. If so what products would you use in conjunction?

:) Congrats on your new baby coming. Its just fine pressing her hair with an electric comb, safer too. Put it on warm like 10 to see how that does, if its not warm enough, up it a bit, a little at a time until you get the result you want. When you use pressing grease use a little bit, not a lot. I heard Dudleys is good, but otherwise theres Ultra Sheen Pressing Creme. I would not use that stuff that looks like vaseline thats marketed as pressing grease. I was getting my hair pressed when I was a child, and my hair was ultra thick and long. So, Goodluck HTH.

Thank you both for the info. Thank you California for the congrads, I am literally counting down the days! I will try your grease suggestion! thanks!

Back