Electric Scalp Massager

snoop

Hi everyone. I'm interested in getting a scalp massager. I've been trying to decide between Vanity Planet and Vitagoods.

Do you have recommendatons? Anyone preferred their hands over using one of these devices?

I had the Vitagoods one (purple) if I remember correctly. I hated how hard it was to open to replace batteries and stopped using it.

I have one but always forget to use it. I have used it about 3-4 times but don't know how I like it.

Have you see the cheap ones on ebay? I think someone here bought one.

I have one by Vanity Planet.

I haven't had it long and I've only used it 3 times so these are my initial thoughts and not from experienced long time use.

The Good:
*Reasonable price. I paid around $20 using a discount code that I found floating around YouTube.
*It does what it says it will. The first time I used it, I sprayed my scalp with fresh aloe gel. Later that day, the scalp massager arrived in the mail so of course I wanted to test it out right away. I noticed that after using it, my scalp had tiny flakes all over it. My theory is that the aloe gel kinda loosened up buildup/dead skin cells then the brush exfoliated and brought it all to the surface.
*It is thick hair friendly. The teeth are long and able to really get down to the roots with hardly any effort from the user.

The bad:
*The vibration is very intense and there is no way for the user to control the level of intensity. There is only an on and off button. It's so intense that it made my teeth chatter. You know almost like what happens when you get very cold. I guess if you like that kinda thing, it wouldn't be an issue. I find that the high vibration works well on my lower back pain when I used it there. LOL

The Ugly:
It leaves my scalp a tad sore in certain spots. I am not too proud to say that this could simply be a user error and just me trying to get over the learning curve to using it. I've had 2 scalp massagers prior to this one that had short teeth and little to no vibration, so they required a bit more elbow grease to work. I need to adjust my thinking to using a lighter, softer touch for this one.

Do I prefer it to just my fingers?
Using my fingers is not relaxing or that stimulating to my scalp. Now it's totally different if I can get DH to do it. His hands are bigger and he can really get up in there and I can fully relax. When he's finished, I can feel my scalp pulsate for a few minutes from the stimulation. But to ask him to rub anywhere on my body is asking for trouble, :eyebrows2: so I have to be strategic about it. LOL

Do I prefer it to just my fingers?
Using my fingers is not relaxing or that stimulating to my scalp. Now it's totally different if I can get DH to do it. His hands are bigger and he can really get up in there and I can fully relax. When he's finished, I can feel my scalp pulsate for a few minutes from the stimulation. But to ask him to rub anywhere on my body is asking for trouble, :eyebrows2: so I have to be strategic about it. LOL

@lulu97 You're jokes!

Ive been eyeing these for a vout a year but I havent taken the plunge because:

1. I had a "ting ting" that was magical and so simple to use

2. I cannot believe how expensive these things have gotten. Supply and demand I guess. A few years ago these were like 10 bucks, even less on e bay. I probably sound like an old lady but my gosh, knowing how much cheaper they used to be I dunno if I could buy one now for 20 bucks...

Edited cause im not giving away free clicks...

Last edited:
Ive been eyeing these for a vout a year but I havent taken the plunge because:

1. I had a "ting ting" that was magical and so simple to use

2. I cannot believe how expensive these things have gotten. Supply and demand I guess. A few years ago these were like 10 bucks, even less on ebay. I probably sound like an old lady but my gosh, knowing how much cheaper they used to be I dunno if I could buy one now for 20 bucks...

You're not alone! :smile:

That's the reason I'm holding out: The price. I guess right now I'd pay $14 dollars for one of the more popular ones.

I ended up purchasing a $3 - $4 one on Ebay from China with free shipping that took forever to arrive. It just arrived a few days ago. It's very, very gentle, to the point where I don't know if it's doing much. For now I will use it when I'm sitting rocking Little Man to sleep and see if I think it's doing anything. Someday I'll purchase one of the more popular ones so that I can compare.

You're not alone! :smile:

That's the reason I'm holding out: The price. I guess right now I'd pay $14 dollars for one of the more popular ones.

I ended up purchasing a $3 - $4 one on Ebay from China with free shipping that took forever to arrive. It just arrived a few days ago. It's very, very gentle, to the point where I don't know if it's doing much. For now I will use it when I'm sitting rocking Little Man to sleep and see if I think it's doing anything. Someday I'll purchase one of the more popular ones so that I can compare.

Girl last night I just sat in a chair held my head over and gave myself a nice massage with some rosemary oil. It took some effort from my fingers but after 10 mins, I could feel my pulse in my scalp. ( Not trobbing but i def felt the blood flowing) and the rosemary had me tingling.

Im going to try to commit to this at least 1x a week. I should honestly do it everyday but I will start small.

I have the Vitagoods. I use it every other day, just because I'm obsessed with growing my hair out. Does it work?, I don't know. but it does feel nice while laying around. Not sure if it's getting through my thick fro though.

I can't recommend, only if to satisfy the PJ in oneself.

Back