Elasta QP Soy Oil Deep Conditioner

Nouvelle

Elasta QP Soy Oyl UltraHydration Conditioner

Has anyone tried this? I saw it on www.goldenmartbeautysupply.com. Looks interesting. TIA
icon7.gif

Last edited:
OMG... I had to bump this thread.

The Elasta QP Soy OYL Deep Conditioner has finally made it to the Sally's in New Orleans. This is my second time using it on my hair and the first time I've used it on my mom's hair (I do her wash and sets).

OMG... I think I'm in love. I am twenty weeks into my transition and after I washed, deep conditioned, and rollerset my hair you would not know I was 20 weeks post. And my mom's hair is so shiny! I am trying to use everything up. But, as soon as I use my shampoo stash, I am going to get the Elasta QP Soy OYL UltraHydration Shampoo. The best thing I like about this is that it is really cheap. I paid less than $8.00 for a 32 oz. container of the conditioner.

I have been looking and looking at these products. Our Sally's here doens't carry them, but I can order them online. I'm wondering if just using soy oil in my products will work just as well.
I was reading this article about soy oil:

Benefits of Soybean Oil for Hair

Soybean oil is used to cook with, but it can also be used for your hair. This oil is very versatile, making it a great addition to any beauty routine. The oil also has a nice nutty scent that is very pleasing. It is easy to work with and very affordable. You can find soybean oil at your local grocery store or online, usually for less then $10 and in some cases less than $5. The oil is very rich, so a little bit goes a long way.
Moisture

1. Moisture is one of the major benefits that soybean oil provides. Dry hair thirsts for moisture and oils penetrate deep into the hair cuticle. This can be used as a deep conditioning treatment once or twice each week. Your hair will be hydrated and more manageable. The omega three fats and other oils in this food lubricate hair. Simply work 1/2 cup of soybean oil into dry hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse, and then you're done.​
  2. Nourishing

3. Soybean oil is also very nourishing because it contains vitamins and other nutrients. The lipids in the soybean help the nutrients to penetrate deep. Hair thrives off of nutrition, and feeding it with soybean oil can improve softness. Your hair will be much easier to tame and manage when it is soft and hydrated. Dry hair breaks off and can become a frizzy mess. Frizz tends to act up when hair is dry. Keeping hair nourished and moisturized is key.
  4. Strength
  5. The properties within the soybeans do more than just help hair maintain moisture. As you use soybean oil, over time you will also notice that this healthy oil strengthens your locks. Soybeans are dense and loaded with protein.

Hair is made of protein, and additional proteins consumed in your diet and put on your hair helps to add strength and durability. Of course, you will only get results with consistency, so be sure to use this oil on your hair often and eat a healthy diet. Organic soybean oil is best because it does not contain any pesticides or other chemicals.​

Last edited:
This product did not agree with my hair at all. Until I saw this thread did I actually remember that I had purchased it. It made my hair feel really coated :(

I did not like this DC. I purchased it 6 months ago and when I tried it for the 1st time my hair felt coated when I tried it for the 2nd time last week I had buildup on my scalp :nono:. I will be throwing it away

I saw this on Sally's site and it got very good reveiws; however, after researching the ingredients, I decided against buying it because it has mineral oil listed as the second ingredient.:nono: That may be why the hair, for some, feels coated after use.

Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: water, Paraffinum Liquidum (mineral oil), petrolatum, propylene glycol, poylquaternium 37, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, steareth-2, steareth-20, soybean oil, hydrolyzed soybean protein, olive fruit oil, vitamin a, vitamin e, vitamin c, vitamin h, vitamin f, avocado oil, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, lanolin, hydrogenated vegetable oil, methylparaben, propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, fragrance, corn oil, BHA, BHT, cetyl alcohol, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C yellow 6

I'm not messing with this. I really don't care about ingredients. But I do care how high the bad ones are on the list. No good can come from a product with mineral oil as one of the first two ingredients. At least not on my hair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I have been using this line for several months now and love it. It gives me tons of slip and I have a lot less breakage than I have had in the past.

I have it sitting on my dresser now. I was using up some of my old stuff, and this one will be next. I hope it does good on my hair, because nothing can be worse than that olive oil silk elements crap :nono:

Not really focused on ingredients, just something that makes my hair feel good and no overall damage after continued use :)

I have it sitting on my dresser now. I was using up some of my old stuff, and this one will be next. I hope it does good on my hair, because nothing can be worse than that olive oil silk elements crap :nono:

Not really focused on ingredients, just something that makes my hair feel good and no overall damage after continued use :)

:lol: I guess I'm not the only one who feels that way about that stuff.

I purchased the shampoo, conditioner and the new DPR-11 about three weeks ago and I must say that I REALLY like the new addition to the Elasta QP line.

My hair is thriving very well. I agree, everything isn't for everybody but this definitely works for me and is now my new staple and when I sit under my Heutiful steamer the results are OMG - AWESOME! My rollersets have been phenominal and my hair stays moisturized until the end of the week for my next wash and set and I don't have to apply any extra moisturizer through the week and the tangles, what tangles!? Breakage, what breakage?! Yep, my hair is in love with it...

For me, two thumbs up.

:lol: I guess I'm not the only one who feels that way about that stuff.

Girl I like the moisturizing one in the champagne colored jar but that olive oil

Smh my hair acted a donkey with it every time...i'm talking showed thee hell off.

:lol:

Never again.........

I am going to give up the mineral oil deep conditioners. I hate that smell of grease when I wash it out. It also leaves a terrible coating on my scalp if I don't rinse really really well. My hair is still dry and dull after I style it. I mix it with some conditioner and sunflower oil to loosen it up. I will not buy again.

I love it. I don't mind MO in rinse out products. I like the consistency sorta like a cream jelly and gives TONS of slip.

I just finished a huge tub of it and can't wait to purchase again. I dc overnight with it before flat ironing and my hair is so moisturized that I get very little frizz/reversion. Lots of softness and slip! Plus it smells delish :lick:
I think this is my new staple DC

I just bought the hydration conditioner. I wanted the dc but I was thrown off by the mineral oil and petrolatum being in the top ingredients but so many people have said they love the dc.

Goodness! I had forgotten about this thread until today when my sister came across it lol. I actually tried this dc out last year and it worked pretty well, but I didn't purchase it again due to finding another dc I liked a little better. I'm glad it worked out for all of those who found it useful though! :)

Goodness! I had forgotten about this thread until today when my sister came across it lol. I actually tried this dc out last year and it worked pretty well, but I didn't purchase it again due to finding another dc I liked a little better. I'm glad it worked out for all of those who found it useful though! :)

Nouvelle what dc did you find that worked better?

Back