Elasta QP Mango Butter...Revisited!!!!!

RabiaElaine

So earlier last year I bought Elasta QP Mango butter, I used it a few times and hated it! I felt like my hair didn't feel moisturized a few hours after applying and I didn't like the consistency etc.

I used to wonder why so many people on this board keeps raving about it.

Anyway after learning over the last few weeks about the proper way to moisturize the hair (ie...using water based moisturizers and sealing with oil) from Sistaslick...thanks Sista!!!...I decided to try it again. I remember Sista saying somewhere that a butter could be used like an oil to seal in moisture. I decided that I don't want to purchase any additional moisturizers for a while so that I can use up what's in my stash already.

I tried it last night AFTER applying my NTM leave in to seal in the moisture. It did a great job!! It helped to lay down my hair for my bun without using a gel. I will be incorporating this into my "moisturizer sealant" rotation.

Just thought I'd share!

Glad you had success with it!

I use this quite a bit but I have to be careful of how much because it an make my hair kind of crunchy. In my case its one of those products where small amounts work best.

-A

Thanks for posting this...I ALMOST bought a container today on my lunch, I was standing there eyeing the products for like 10 minutes, lol, but decided on something else. My hair is weird, I know it used to love mango butter, but then it started hating it. I am thinking about trying it again to see my results now...thanks again!

I just bought some the other day! I put some on my scalp last night then flat ironed this morning (horrible I know) and my hair was soooo shiny and soft. I also applied some to the ends and slept in a plastic cap (my hair came out in a poufy but soft mess thanks to the Garnier Leave-In). But yes, I'm feeling QP Mango Butter.

I dont use gel in my hair. I use the QP Mango Butter on my edges to smooth them down. Works like a charm. I love it for that purpose.

I too bought it and then didn't know what to do with it....It is the BEST pomade ever!! it held down about 5-6 months worth of NG! and it made it soft and defined the curls....I like on the length of my ponytail also when it will be rubbing my clothes, and I moisturized with it when my hair was in need of some Deep moisture...I love it!

*Dee* said:
It is good! I haven't used it in a while (because I ran out) they need to make it in a larger size :(

Girl dont they?!?! :lol: I use it as a gel too for my NG that lil container goes quick if you use too much. $5.00 to me seems a lot for the size considering how fast it goes. I do love it though.

I have some that I used to "set" my hair when I did a twistout (thanks Sista!). I usually wear my hair straight and use NTM to moisturize. I would love to try the Elasta QP to moisturize since I have it under the cabinet, but do I just rub it between my hands to "melt" it and put it on my hair? (the reason I am asking is that I don't want disastrous results and have to re-wash my hair as I just got it done)

I just thought it was only good for doing slicked back styles, buns, etc.

BB

RabiaElaine said:
It helped to lay down my hair for my bun without using a gel. I will be incorporating this into my "moisturizer sealant" rotation.

Just thought I'd share!

Rabia, that's exactly how I use mine!!!! Great tip.

I don't really like it.

I am nto so sure why.

I guess because ORS Oilive Oil moisturizer has me so hooked.

I normally use Profectiv Root health or break free on my son's hair. The other day I used the Mango Butter on his hair and I could tell a difference. It was not as moisturized later in the day.

I'm on a hunt for products this weekend.
A S-curl spray, Elasta QP mango butter and the NTM shampoo, conditioner and leave-in.. lord help me!

I also use it as a gel...when i first started using in it my hair and the edges it worked great on both...but then after a while it worked better on my edges...very smooth..and smell good...

Back