Elasta QP Mango butter moisturizer - good uses?

tricie

Hi, sisters!

I've been reading alot of the posts on this site, and one of the products that most everyone seems to love is Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer. Being the major PJ that I am, I bought some a few days ago! :D
Per the directions, it says to apply to dry ends. Are any of you ladies using it all over your hair as well? What have been the results?

Thanks for your help!

I purchased this back in August and didnt really care for it. However, since I am doing the PJ Challenge "Just use it up"...I found a good use for it! Back in the day I loved the way gel would make my hair look silk and shiny (Until it hardened :mad:) and have not been able to achieve that look with any other product. So one day I was lookin in my cabinet and it hit me!

I now apply the EQ Mango butter on my edges to help achieve that look when I am stretching and wearing a bun! It works!!!....

Treasure2k6 said:
I purchased this back in August and didnt really care for it. However, since I am doing the PJ Challenge "Just use it up"...I found a good use for it! Back in the day I loved the way gel would make my hair look silk and shiny (Until it hardened :mad:) and have not been able to achieve that look with any other product. So one day I was lookin in my cabinet and it hit me!

I now apply the EQ Mango butter on my edges to help achieve that look when I am stretching and wearing a bun! It works!!!....

Waving to my use it up sister. :wave:

I agree totally with Treasure. I use Mango butter on my edges and it is really good to hold the edges down for a soft hold. (I also use another product for this purpose with good success.)

I use it on my whole length. My hair responds really well to it. Not entirely with my new growth though. The new growth laughs.

I use it on my daughters edges, hair and ends. When I use it on my daughters overall hair it is just after her fresh wash and her edges regularly.

I like to use it on my ends of my hair, I love my curling iron...

I just bought some this past week. I used it on my edges and ends....love it. Smells yummy and my hair felt moisturized also. Fortunately it isn't too watery to make my pressed hair revert....good stuff!

I mainly use it for setting my braidouts and twistouts. The consistency allows it to work well as a molding/sculpting type product for those sets. It kind of molds the wave/crinkle into place, helps the hair dry faster, and provides a light hold too.

Occasionally, I'll also use it to seal in another moisturizer.

I've been using Mango butter for my twist outs lately. Makes my hair nice and soft and I don't seem to get as much frizz. I've also noticed less shrinkage.

Back