ELASTA QP DPR-11+...New Ingredients???

PopLife

It is my understanding that Elasta recently changed the ingredients to this product. My hair loved the original (DPR-11) but I can't find the old nor new formula anywhere except online. Unfortunately none of the sites list the new ingredients. If anyone has the new formula could you please post the ingredients? Also has anyone used the new formula, if so how did you like it?

hmmm I hated this stuff, it was like nothing on my hair

hopefully the new formula is better than the old one

it needed some help imo LOL

I do know all our hair loves different things........

whew my hair laughed at it :lachen:

since you loved it I hope the new formula works just as good for you

I brought some last weekend, I will post the ingredients once I get home. I think I got the old formula because I see alot of new bottle have a little green sticker and the jar is clear I think

I don't know if this is old news here but QP is no longer under Kenra. Strength by Nature (Profectiv) now owns Elasta QP. That's why all the products/formulas have changed.

I don't know if this is old news here but QP is no longer under Kenra. Strength by Nature (Profectiv) now owns Elasta QP. That's why all the products/formulas have changed.

From what it looks like. so far that's a good thing.

Bumping...just to show you guys the difference between the old and new one.
I really hope the new one works just as good because this was one of my staple products.:ohwell:

Original Formula
a96604c4eca63578

New Formula

texasbeautysupplycom_2079_888697

i dont know about the conditioner but i know that the mango butter changed. the texture is the same but it has better ingredients now. my relaxed hair hated it but i picked up a new jar today because you now get more for your money and im hoping itll work for my natural haiir.

OH gosh, I knew something was wrong. The last couple times I dc'd w/that stuff my hair was hard & stiff. I didn't even notice the formula was different. My hair used to love this stuff.

Last edited:

Really? Wow, I had no idea. How interesting. I think the DPR ingredients do need a change. It was as if I'd done nothing to my hair when I used that product. As thick and creamy as it seems in the jar, you would think it would have done something. I get better results using V05! :giggle:

I've used the new formula and I like it better than the old one. They added some kind of "olive oil organic infusion" to all of their products. I like the creme conditioning shampoo better with the change too.

It is my understanding that Elasta recently changed the ingredients to this product. My hair loved the original (DPR-11) but I can't find the old nor new formula anywhere except online. Unfortunately none of the sites list the new ingredients. If anyone has the new formula could you please post the ingredients? Also has anyone used the new formula, if so how did you like it?

I don't know about the ingredients, but I bought this DC based on reccomendations here and it does nothing for my hair. I like the formula change of the mango butter.

I think that this is the new ingredient list (got it off of naturally curly):

Water, petroletum, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, emulsifying wax nf, dimethicone, olea europaea (olive fruit oil), cocos nucifera (coconut oil), retinyl pamitate (vitamin a), biotin (vitamin h), linoleic acid (vitamin f), persia gratissima (avocado oil), Vitamins b2, d, a, e, k, and potassium, steareth 10, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, parfume, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, tocopherol (vitamin e), melissa officinalis (mint balm extract), melaleuca alternifolia leaf extract (tea tree), panax ginseng root extract (ginseng), CI 15985 (fd&c yellow 6)

This was the old one:

Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Aesculus Hippocasyanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract in Purified Water/Aqua, Petrolatum, Cetyle Alcohol, Centrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl trimonium Chloride, Laurus Nobblis Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Neroli Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant)

I never liked the ingredients for this product, even though it worked well on my hair. The old one also has tons of petroleum if you pay close attention to the ingredients list. Not that petroleum in a product is always the devil, but it's the second ingredient of both. That's a lot of petroleum for me :)

i beleive the top one, one with petroletum as the second ingredient, is the old formula and the bottom one is the new formula. i hated the old one and stopped using it once i stopped using mineral oil. my local sally's doesnt carry the new one yet.

I think that this is the new ingredient list (got it off of naturally curly)

This was the old one:

Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Aesculus Hippocasyanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract in Purified Water/Aqua, Petrolatum, Cetyle Alcohol, Centrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl trimonium Chloride, Laurus Nobblis Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Neroli Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant)

I never liked the ingredients for this product, even though it worked well on my hair. The old one also has tons of petroleum if you pay close attention to the ingredients list. Not that petroleum in a product is always the devil, but it's the second ingredient of both. That's a lot of petroleum for me :)

I have the white jar which is the old formula and it has ^^^ those same ingredients, the new formula has the petroleum as the second ingredient

I think that this is the new ingredient list (got it off of naturally curly):

Water, petroletum, cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, emulsifying wax nf, dimethicone, olea europaea (olive fruit oil), cocos nucifera (coconut oil), retinyl pamitate (vitamin a), biotin (vitamin h), linoleic acid (vitamin f), persia gratissima (avocado oil), Vitamins b2, d, a, e, k, and potassium, steareth 10, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, parfume, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, tocopherol (vitamin e), melissa officinalis (mint balm extract), melaleuca alternifolia leaf extract (tea tree), panax ginseng root extract (ginseng), CI 15985 (fd&c yellow 6)

This was the old one:

Thank you! I was able to find the old formula (which my hair likes), but I'm going to wait in see how others like the new one before I purchase it. I wonder why they changed the ingredients, it's like a whole different product now. :perplexed

I'm trying to use up the DPR (old formula) that I have right now. It's okay, but it ain't all that...

Now, I AM concerned about the mango butter, because it's basically a staple for me...In fact I used it this morning. Good thing I bought two jars. Guess I'll be stocking up at Texas Beauty Supply online. :ohwell:

I have the white jar which is the old formula and it has ^^^ those same ingredients, the new formula has the petroleum as the second ingredient

Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Aesculus Hippocasyanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extractin Purified Water/Aqua, Petrolatum,.......

Extracts are dissolved in water and make up less than 1% of the product. technically they should be listed at the end. it's a deceptive labeling technique that many companies do to fluff up their ingredients and to make consumers think the products are better than they actually are. So, petrolatum has always been the second ingredient in dpr 11.

Last edited:
I tried the old formula a few months ago and I did not like it.
I had to add olive oil and honey to make it just ok.
There is plenty of the old version of this conditioner and mango butter in my neck of the woods,does not sell well in my town.

Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Oil, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Aesculus Hippocasyanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extractin Purified Water/Aqua, Petrolatum,.......

Extracts are dissolved in water and make up less than 1% of the product. technically they should be listed at the end. it's a deceptive labeling technique that many companies do to fluff up their ingredients and to make consumers think the products are better than they actually are. So, petrolatum has always been the second ingredient in dpr 11.

Kenra was notorious for labeling their ingredients like this. You always have to search for the Aqua/Water which is where the 1st ingredient really starts.

I

I never realized this. I was having dry hair issues and now I"m wondering if this is what was causing it?

I bought it today because I needed a dc for my wash. I liked it. However I didn't use it win my steamer or dryer. I jus used it in the shower left it in for ten min and inse. But my hair was soft and moist. I'll try with my steamr in two days and let u ladies know how it goes

I tried the old DPR- 11 last year and HATED it...made my hair a dry, tangly, brittle HAM

I went to the BSS last Saturday in search of a cheaper moisturizing DC and ended up buying a QP "Intense" moisturizing condish...I mixed w/ coconut oil and it seemed to work pretty well. I can tell that they've changed their formulas. This kinda makes me want to give Mango Butter moisturizer another go- round. I bought some last summer because it got great reviews on here, but it wasn't moisturizing enough for my hair. I was still scurred to try the new DPR....

Got some of this new formula a month or so ago and have plowed through the jar. I'm not particular about ingredients, just results.

I LOVE IT, even more than the old formula. I also use it in small amounts as a leave in for plaits, twists and out styles from plaits and twists. It reactivates really well with a mist of water. Gonna get some more :grin:.

Back