Elasta QP Creme Condish Poo: New Formula Ingredients

WriterGirl

Hello Ladies:

I'm coming out of lurkdom to let you know that I've seen the new Elasta QP formulas in the wild at the BSS.

When I found out that Strength of Nature had purchased the line and "changed" the formulas, I was a little leery -- especially the Creme Conditioning Shampoo, which has been my staple for two years. I hoped that they wouldn't change it too much. It's the only poo I've found that doesn't strip my hair, can deal with my hard water, and doesn't have SLS.

Here are the ingredients of the new formula:

Water (Aqua), Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Cocamide MEA, Polyquaternium-10, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin (Vitamin H), Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Persia Grastissima (Avocado) Oil [contains Vitamins B2, D, A, E, K, and Postassium], Citric Acid, Ethylene Glycol Distearate, Parfum (Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, C1 19140 (FD&C Yellow No. 6)

For reference here's the old formula:

Water, Cocamphocarboxypropionate, Lauramide DEA, Polyquaternium-10, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantion, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Blue No.1

I haven't tried the new formula yet but it seems like they added a lot of different oils and vitamins.

I'll have to come back and check in when I try it this weekend.

Hello Ladies:

I'm coming out of lurkdom to let you know that I've seen the new Elasta QP formulas in the wild at the BSS.

When I found out that Strength of Nature had purchased the line and "changed" the formulas, I was a little leery -- especially the Creme Conditioning Shampoo, which has been my staple for two years. I hoped that they wouldn't change it too much. It's the only poo I've found that doesn't strip my hair, can deal with my hard water, and doesn't have SLS.

Here are the ingredients of the new formula:

Water (Aqua), Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Cocamide MEA, Polyquaternium-10, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin (Vitamin H), Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Persia Grastissima (Avocado) Oil [contains Vitamins B2, D, A, E, K, and Postassium], Citric Acid, Ethylene Glycol Distearate, Parfum (Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, C1 19140 (FD&C Yellow No. 6)

For reference here's the old formula:

Water, Cocamphocarboxypropionate, Lauramide DEA, Polyquaternium-10, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantion, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5, FD&C Yellow No. 6, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Blue No.1

I haven't tried the new formula yet but it seems like they added a lot of different oils and vitamins.

I'll have to come back and check in when I try it this weekend.

Thanks. I'll be looking for your review. I used to love the old formula.

Thanks for posting. I hope it produces the same results because this is my staple poo. I'm wondering what the new ingredients for DPR-11 are.

I bought the Cream Conditioning shampoo, and I'm going to try it this week. I want to make this one of my shampoo staples, since I've heard nothing but good things about it plus the price is very reasonable. I hope the "new formula" doesn't change for the worse.

From the looks of it, the new formula is a better quality formula. Hopefully it works as good as the old formula, if not better.

I bought the Cream Conditioning shampoo, and I'm going to try it this week. I want to make this one of my shampoo staples, since I've heard nothing but good things about it plus the price is very reasonable. I hope the "new formula" doesn't change for the worse.

Let me know your results! This is the only shampoo that doesn't strip my hair and it's so cheap so I love it.

From the looks of it, the new formula is a better quality formula. Hopefully it works as good as the old formula, if not better.

This is what I'm thinking. I also noticed that it has a fainter smell -- not as perfumy.

Someone MUST let me know how this works, I have been in the market to switch my shampoo since they changed the CON formula, I ditched Creme Conditioning shampoo but have no problem going right back!

The ingredients look great! They also changed the ingredients of the DPR-11...I can't wait to try them out.

I wanna hear about results. I love my creme cconditioning poo and hope the change is for the better ..........

I posted about the elasta feels like silk gel a few weeks ago . the new formula was not horrible but i could tell there was a change . they added vitamins but whatever was taken out or watered down really made a differance. i found a few bottles of the old gel and stocked up lol ! ill still use the new formula its still one of my favs.

I'm still waiting to hear how Ladies are liking the "New" DPR 11+ ???:perplexed

The One Place I thought they would still have the Original, they had Already replaced with "the New":ohwell:

Well Ladies,

I used the new formula shampoo today. The texture is a little slippery compared to the old formula (probably because of the added oils), but the good news is that it didn't strip my hair and the results were basically the same results.

I still have several bottles of the old formula, but when I used them up, I'll definitely get this new formula.

So for me, this is definitely a keeper!

Thanks WriterGirl. Although I haven't used the 'Poo, I was concerned about the Mango Butter and the DPR11 (now DPR 11+)

I may buy the new Mango Butter since the Ladies said they are unable to tell the difference.:yep:

Still waiting on a review about the New DPR 11+:look:

Let me know your results! This is the only shampoo that doesn't strip my hair and it's so cheap so I love it.

The old formula is the one I'm referring to. Anyway, here's my review . . .

The verdict is in! I tried it today, and it’s fabulous! You hear me! Absolutely fabulous! This shampoo is extremely "underrated," in my opinion! I used just one ounce for my second wash, and it outperformed Soft Sheen Breakthru shampoo--which I used for my first wash, took two ounces to lather well, but it worked good.

Anyway, Elasta QP Cream Conditioning Shampoo lathered extremely well, and it felt so creamy on my type 4 a/b hair. I was so shocked that I even rubbed in one ounce of hair oil to my hair. This made it even more fabulous!!! Yummy! I didn't even want to rinse it out! I really had to think about it.

I don’t know if it has detangling properties like my original Cream of Nature shampoo (green label), but for the price of $2.85 for 8 ounces, who cares. It really does the job!!! I use a detangler anyway.

This is another permanent shampoo staple!

Last edited:
Back