Elasta QP breakage control serum?

Leslie_C

Would this be considered a light or a heavy protein treatment? My hair has been shedding/breaking lately and I decided to try this as we speak. I was wondering if it is light enough to use weekly or biweekly until the problem eases up, or is it too heavy? Also, anyone who has had success with this product, Id appreciate the thumbs up.

My hair is coming out in long strands but some dont have bulbs, so Im worried that I have some underprocessed hair that is breaking off at the relaxed/underrelaxed part. Im considering a corrective relaxer but want my hair to get nice and strong first. Im doing weekly pretreatments and deep conditioning, and Ive also been using some reconstructors and I just tried the elasta qp for the first time(its in my head now!)...

up.gif
its a light protein I believe, but it was effective. I think the actual company recommends using it once a month.

I've used it before, once a month. I also like CPR by motions once a month. I switch up bewteen the two.

Vet27

I use it, and give it a big
happy34.gif
smile.gif
. I only use it once a month as directed, but I don't have damage either. It would consider it a medium range protein treatment. Maybe you want to try a reconstructor like the Joico K-Pak, instead of using Breakage Control Serum constantly. Then try a mild protein like AO GPB, Keraphix or Humectress if you want something that you can use more frequently. A good hard treatment, like Emergencee or ApHogee may help you stop the breakage right away. Then you can use lighter proteins until you ar corrected. Make sure you don't over do it though and give yourself moisturizing treatments as well.
smile.gif

I consider this to be a light protein and I use it bi-weekly (twice a month) and I LOVE this stuff to death its a keeper.

well I washed it out and my hair immediatly felt stronger, so I think I like it.

Ive used Design Essentials 6 in 1 reconstructer and it used to be great (I used it when my hair was SEVERELY damaged by color...I vut most of it off and then used this stuff as I mended it back to health) but I dont think its helping me in this case...its supposed to help damage, breaking, and shedding, and moisturize. The whole DE line is the best line as a whole Ive ever used, so I trust this product but I got it off ebay though and now I wonder if it could be really old or something. When I used to use it I got it from a hair school that sold it directly bc they used and sold their products. Im not going to use it for a while and see if my hair improves.

I know my hair is growing and filling in, but I dont want it breaking off at the same time so I never get progress and Im trying to avoid cutting it.

thanks ladies, Ill keep u updated!

I would consider it a light protein treatment...

It works wonders for my hair...makes it soft and manageable.
smile.gif

I would consider it a VERY LIGHT protein treatment. I think it's more moisturizing than anything else. It didn't really do much for my hair except give it extra moisture, which isn't what I was looking for it to do.

Back