Either I'm Crazy or MTG is the BOMB! long

testimony777

Ok, so the bottle says you will see results in one application. Many of you faithful users say you saw results very soon after using it for the first time. But I didn't believe it until just now. I have been using MTG for about a week now. I have been alternating between using at a leave in and as a rinse out. After the first use I noticed that the next rinse (two days latter) I had much less shedding and breakage.

I am on a personal protective style challenge and have been wearing my hair in either a bun or in two braids for about three weeks. The last few times I washed my hair I notices that my hair felt heavier than usual in the shower. Today I took out my braids and you would not believe how good my hair looks. It looks so thick and I can actually feel the weight of my dry hair. My hair looks and seems to be much stronger than it did even a week ago and the individual strands seem thicker. I have been noticing this for a few days but I thought it had to be in my head, surely a product can't work that fast. But today I became a believer; these are real results, it is not just in my head!

I am so pleased with the results I am seeing! Thank you ladies for bringing this product to my attention.

sareca said:
Worked for me too. But I couldn't stand the smell. :(

My other conditioners over power the smell so it is not a problem for me. Have you tried mixing it with an essential oil or with another conditioner?

BahaGirl it is too bad that it doesn't work for you. It is funny how something that works amazingly well for one head of hair doesn't quite cut for another.

testimony777 said:
My other conditioners over power the smell so it is not a problem for me. Have you tried mixing it with an essential oil or with another conditioner?

BahaGirl it is too bad that it doesn't work for you. It is funny how something that works amazingly well for one head of hair doesn't quite cut for another.
I mixed it with organic lemon essential oil. It's the only essential oil that doesn't give me a headache. I could still smell it. But, I've made my own version of MTG and I'm waiting to see how well it works. So I haven't give up on the concept entirely. :nono:

testimony777 said:
Ok, so the bottle says you will see results in one application. Many of you faithful users say you saw results very soon after using it for the first time. But I didn't believe it until just now. I have been using MTG for about a week now. I have been alternating between using at a leave in and as a rinse out. After the first use I noticed that the next rinse (two days latter) I had much less shedding and breakage.

I am on a personal protective style challenge and have been wearing my hair in either a bun or in two braids for about three weeks. The last few times I washed my hair I notices that my hair felt heavier than usual in the shower. Today I took out my braids and you would not believe how good my hair looks. It looks so thick and I can actually feel the weight of my dry hair. My hair looks and seems to be much stronger than it did even a week ago and the individual strands seem thicker. I have been noticing this for a few days but I thought it had to be in my head, surely a product can't work that fast. But today I became a believer; these are real results, it is not just in my head!

I am so pleased with the results I am seeing! Thank you ladies for bringing this product to my attention.

Congratulations girl:D :grin: glad you see the results too. By the way your hair is so pretty!

ekomba said:
Congratulations girl:D :grin: glad you see the results too. By the way your hair is so pretty!

Thanks Ekomba:) you hair is beautiful as well. I love your twists!

Freedom, I think I am going to add your quote to my signature "Mtg is a for life!!!" I love that!!!:lachen:

...i've heard enough about the stuff. where do i get it? what's the full name? and how bad does it smell. people stand very close to me all day at work so i can't have anything slighty suspicious smelling on my head. it seems to work very well for everyone. fill me in.

MTG is off da hook! Congrats on your success:D .

Question: how do you use it as a rinse? Do you mean you mix it with conditioner and then rinse out. I love this stuff but the smell drives me nuts. I have tried mixing it with the essential oils but the conditioner sounds really good. Please share.

It's oily and just a little does alot, don't over soak your hair with it.
Mane and Tail Growth MTG it's the treatment for shedding etc... not the shampoo or the conditioner rinse. Secented jasmin oil in the oil mixture or any other scent you like. I smooth suave MH, silicon mix, or mango butter on my hair and that masks the smell. hth
Click on:
Original MTG
http://www.shapleys.com/order.html

your hair is beautiful!
i looked in your album and you stated you used the wet brush technique to give your curls defination...i know its OT but can you explain what that is pls? my curls always end up as a bass frizz ball

Thanks

Uzz

Hi Testimony,
What conditioners are you mixing it with?
TIA

testimony777 said:

"your hair is beautiful!
i looked in your album and you stated you used the wet brush technique to give your curls defination...i know its OT but can you explain what that is pls? my curls always end up as a bass frizz ball"

Thanks RachiQue, your hair is gorgeous! I use a wide toothed seamless brush to detangle my hair in the shower and to distribute my conditioner. I load my hair with conditioner (either Jessicurl Too Shea, Blended Beauty Hair Cleansing Conditioner, or Mane n' Tail conditioner) and then section it into six sections (bottom right, left; Middle right, left; Top right, left). Then I slowly and gently brush each section.

"What conditioners are you mixing it with?"

ONEBLESSEDRN, I don't directly mix it with any conditioner, but I use other conditioners, the ones listed above, on my hair that are pretty fragrant befor I apply the MTG and they cancel out the smell, which I must say I don't find all that bad:eek: ). I also apply a sented oil blend (jessicurl oil blend) after I apply the MTG and it helps as well.

"Mane and Tail Growth MTG it's the treatment for shedding etc... not the shampoo or the conditioner rinse"

They have a spearate product that is specifically for growth:eek: ? I have gotten these results using the conditioner as a leave in! I had no idea they made a separate product. This makes sense thought because I was wondering what people were talking about in terms of the product being oily and smelly. The conditioner doesn't smell like roses but it is not THAT bad and I don't think it is oily at all.

Lucia, what are the ingredients of the Mane n' Tail growth? Is it a conditioner or a scalp treatment? Where do purchase it? I am loving the conditioner and am having great results but I might want to try this as well. Do you use both the conditioner and the growth treatment or just one.

"How do you use it, as a leave in or a rinse out"

I use it as both a leave in and a rinse out. I condition wash my hair once a week but I fully wet it in the shower three times a week (including wash day). On Wednesdays I use the MTG as my rinse out conditioner and it is the only conditioner I use apart from my styling products which are also conditioners. On Mondays and Fridays I use the MTG as a leave in along with an oil blend. So far this is working well for me.

Last edited:
I just started using mine last night, I am very anxious to see what my hair is going to look like in 2 weeks.
I use mine straight, np with the smell so far but then again I have a cold :lol:

I spray my scalp with surge, I use the Tu Shea butter and then I use the MTG, then massage my scalp and put it in one braid and tuck it in and that's it for the day.

Thanks girlie i will try that i found a site in europe that sells some stuff similar what you said...i cant wait to have curly curls...thank u!

Back