Eharmony...quick question

Duchesse

Does anyone know any loopholes to eharmony....like how to get someones contact info w/o actually paying???:sekret:

I made a profile on a whim a few weeks ago. I was bored and in a "what the hay" mood, but I never considered that I would actually pay (that sucka is too expensive for me). Anyway, apparently I had a highly compatible match a while ago, who recently sent me a nudge after asking to communicate, but obviously I never responded, because I'm not paying.

Curiousity is getting the best of me....he may look like Shrek, but maybe...just maybe...we may be compatible...and he may be cute.

If I put my email in my description will I get caught? Anyone ever do that?

Don't know but EHarmony constantly sends me my 'perfect match':rolleyes:..more than ever since I stopped my membership. Should you try 'sneaking' in the e-mail thing..make it a throw away sceenname.

Okay, thanks, so I guess I'm not going to do that then. Maybe I'll try to mask it somehow...or just forget about it. (marches..."no way, I won't pay").

Every few months (usually on a holiday weekend), EHarmony has a free communication weekend. If you can wait until then, you might get lucky. I'd think that Labor Day weekend would be the next opportunity... I know they had one over the July 4th weekend.

They do have coupon codes available...like 1 month for 19.95..if it's worth it to ya!

I think you have to be quick about it if you're going to put contact info on your profile. That's what my DH did. Here is a post I made back in 2008 to a thread about online dating thread:

This is copy & pasted from another 'success with online dating' thread a while back, but here is our story:

The Story--
I signed up for a free.....hear me, FREE account on eharmony just to take those little quizzes and see what they said about my personality/dating/etc. type. After I saw that it cost $$$ to really join and participate on the site, I passed on it. Shoo...I was a broke college student then :lol:. But you know how when you register for those dating sites, they send you periodic 'Matches' each month. I always, always ignored the emails and treated them like junk mail......deleting without opening.

One day, after several months of them sending me the 'junk' emails, for some reason I opened an email to see who Eharmony matched me with. I think I must have been bored or lonely that day. So I logged on for the first time since I'd registered and saw they matched me with 2 guys. One match I was like 'ehhh :ohwell:'. The other guy (current SO) had a profile that really appealed to me. He didn't have a picture up (because he wasnt a paying member either :lol:), and even if he did I wasn't a premium member since I never paid, so I wouldn't have been able to see anything. Well lo and behold I scroll down to the bottom of his profile and it read: "If you'd like to talk and find out more about me, you can email me at '[email protected]'".

Needless to say I was like :eek::huh: 'How'd he do that?? How was he able to bypass the system and list his email contact, without Eharmony canceling his account?" (normally with those dating sites, you can't post any sort of contact info unless you are a paying member). I think due to a mixture of boredom, disbelief, curiosity, and boldness that I decided to send this mystery man a message to see if I'd get a response. Well, I did and 3 years later :kissing4:we still laugh about how we got over on the Eharmony system without trying and without paying......I think it was meant to be :love: ;)

He's dropping hints like he's going to propose in the next couple of months, so we'll see what happens!! :love: :love: :love:

i've seen people spell everything out and space things out. for example.

johnsmith at g mail dot com

i paid for mine but my 3 month subscription just ran out. by the end of august i might come to find it was a worthy investment :giggle:

I think you have to be quick about it if you're going to put contact info on your profile. That's what my DH did. Here is a post I made back in 2008 to a thread about online dating thread:

Every few months (usually on a holiday weekend), EHarmony has a free communication weekend. If you can wait until then, you might get lucky. I'd think that Labor Day weekend would be the next opportunity... I know they had one over the July 4th weekend.

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't jump on it this pass 4th...I'll see Labor Day if curiousity doesn't get me by then.

They do have coupon codes available...like 1 month for 19.95..if it's worth it to ya!

That's all I want is one month at the cheapest! Thanks, I'll check that out.

Foxxymami, that's such a cute story! You should do one of those commercials....and bypass the nonpaying part:lachen:. Good luck with him, and I hope you get your ring soon girl!

i've seen people spell everything out and space things out. for example.

johnsmith at g mail dot com
:giggle:

I think this is what I'm going to do. Be a wordsmith and sneak my email in there.

Thanks ladies....if this turns out to be fruitful, I'll update!

Back