Eesh!: I've Scheduled A Huetiful Nanosmoothing Treatment

Hmmm...idk to me the wash n go's are too much work and it causes you to have to re-wet, use tons of product and wash more often.

If you are detangling your hair in 11 sections I don't see how the twist outs are that much more time consuming. I usually do about 11 twists with perm rods on the end. I'm not sure how long your hair is though. Mine is almost bsl.

I use almost all KeraCare products. They make my hair soft and easy to manage. I don't use any styling products like butters and gels to twist with. Just leave-in conditioners. I detangling and wash my hair in the amount of sections that I will twist in. My hair is thriving and it is a very hard texture to work with. It has taken me years to find what's best for my hair though.
Yeah I can't do wash n gos without consequence. Right now I'm too lazy to do anything else. I guess I can wash, put my hair in some twists and wear a Twistout with a headband.

@gn1g I have found that the mix prevents matting, yeah. And I don't leave it in (it kinda smells), I use it as a prepoo to minimize any matting that might happen during washing. But with the use of applicator bottles, I don't have to struggle to get to my scalp.

I don't twist ever. At night I put my hair in about 6 puffy pony tails, spritz lightly with water, put on two shower caps, and put on a satin bonnet.

That's it!

Not sure if this was addressed already, but have you tried this without the shower caps? Perhaps they are trapping too much moisture in your strands, causing them to weaken? If I did this (medium density, fine strands, 4A) my hair would need a regular medium strength protein more than weakly to balance the moisture.

@tru4reele - would you mind terribly telling me what your 11 sections consist of? I'm about to let my natural "hard texture to work with" tresses free and you have inspired me! I cover up for the winter months but it has been so less stressful that I have not let my hair come out to play. I am so styling challenged:confused:

Hmmm...idk to me the wash n go's are too much work and it causes you to have to re-wet, use tons of product and wash more often.

If you are detangling your hair in 11 sections I don't see how the twist outs are that much more time consuming. I usually do about 11 twists with perm rods on the end. I'm not sure how long your hair is though. Mine is almost bsl.

I use almost all KeraCare products. They make my hair soft and easy to manage. I don't use any styling products like butters and gels to twist with. Just leave-in conditioners. I detangling and wash my hair in the amount of sections that I will twist in. My hair is thriving and it is a very hard texture to work with. It has taken me years to find what's best for my hair though.

Not sure if this was addressed already, but have you tried this without the shower caps? Perhaps they are trapping too much moisture in your strands, causing them to weaken? If I did this (medium density, fine strands, 4A) my hair would need a regular medium strength protein more than weakly to balance the moisture.

Thank you for sharing this so I'll know to watch out for this. I really appreciate it.

I'll try a week without the shower caps and try to remember to report back.

@alex114 - did you really mean to say that Naptural85's recipe includes crisco veggie oil? I'm looking for this recipe just to see what she has to say about it.

Yes I can wash and DC effectively with no buildup after four weeks and a very small amount after 6 weeks.

Some tricks of the trade:
4. For prepoo purposes, I use Naptural85's Prepoo/Detangler Recipe, which is:
-Crisco Vegetable Oil
-A cheapie conditioner of your choice (V05, Suave, Herbal Essences, Herbal Essences, etc)
-Apple Cider Vinegar
-Aloe Vera Juice

It goes into a spray bottle, and you can eyeball the amounts that will work for you since you want it to be watery enough to spray smoothly and leave no buildup for your individual braid pattern, but thick enough to be effective as a prepoo. Only thing is that you shouldn't need more than 3 or 4 capfuls of ACV.

Sorry for the essay lol

Thanks for sharing!
Hi, @scarcity21 !

You can't do the treatment at home, but you can purchase maintenance hair products. Here's a video:

You can get the treatment done at a Huetiful salon. I believe they have 3 salons: One in Arlington, Texas and one in Chicago, Illinois and one in Atlanta, Georgia.

It seems similar to a Brazilian keratin treatment, but without any harmful chemicals. It is supposed to completely revert in 8-12 weeks, but you know how that is: All sorts of conversation has started about that.

@tru4reele - would you mind terribly telling me what your 11 sections consist of? I'm about to let my natural "hard texture to work with" tresses free and you have inspired me! I cover up for the winter months but it has been so less stressful that I have not let my hair come out to play. I am so styling challenged:confused:

Sure. I detangle in sections. This part actually takes the longest. I spray the sections with water conditioner mix. I use a wide tooth comb and Denman brush that has three rows of teeth removed. This is very important: brush the ends up to root and DENTANGLE THE ENDS AGAINST THE PALM OF YOUR HAND. You will lose waaaay less hair and have less snagging. I actually learned that about 6 months ago.

After I have my hair twisted in the sections,
I wash with KeraCare 1st Lather and follow up with the moisturizing shampoo. Both are sulfate free.

Then I deep condition with KeraCare humecto or one of the other 2 jar deep conditioners by KC that I interchange from time to time.

Then I rinse my hair after sitting with a plastic cap for about 45 minutes. The conditioner will absorb very well if the hair is clean.

I do a light mist of spray all over with Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Mist. Then I go section by section and apply It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In (a cream) and Cream of Nature Argan Leave-In (a spray). The hair should be nice a soft. I do a once over with my denman brush from tip to root and twist and add a perm rod at the end.

Or I do a Bantu knot out which is in my avi. My twist out i may wear down the first day and the other days I just pull up with a shoestring and add a headband for smoothness. I will pm you a picture of how it looks.

Becareful with the nanosmoothung treatment. The reviews are not great. Example, read the comment section of this article http://klassykinks.com/dear-smoothing-treatments/.

Thanks for this. I personally love smoothing treatments but I was never interested in the nanosmoothing. I had my regular smoothing treatment done by a professional and she listened to my instructions and my hair still looks great

@alex114 - did you really mean to say that Naptural85's recipe includes crisco veggie oil? I'm looking for this recipe just to see what she has to say about it.
Yes! I think it was during her grease era, when she started looking into using grease and other products like that-- it didn't last long though. For some reason, ever since I wrote down that recipe from the video she did it in, I haven't been able to find it again lol. And she never wrote it anywhere, it was in a Youtube video tutorial. But I remember her laughing and saying, "hear me out, hear me out before you throw anything" when she brought up Crisco :lachen::lachen::lachen:

But she does have an all natural prepoo/detangler as well-- it's mostly containing coconut products, which I thought might overload my hair (I'm kinda coconut oil sensitive, if that makes sense lol) so I just kept using her other recipe.

Back