EEK! Green Hair!

gimbap

I feel so stupid :( I was sick of looking at the old light brown hightlights in my hair, so I decided to put a jet black rinse in. BAD IDEA! The light brown parts are GREEN! How to fix???????????? I'm guessing I should put in a dark brown rinse???

oobrittany said:
I feel so stupid :( I was sick of looking at the old light brown hightlights in my hair, so I decided to put a jet black rinse in. BAD IDEA! The light brown parts are GREEN! How to fix???????????? I'm guessing I should put in a dark brown rinse???

i would put a red rinse over that to try to neutralize the green... i'm trying to remember what i did when i turned my hair green (did the exact same thing you did.. lol)... i'm pretty sure i put a bright reddish jazzing rinse over it...

hope that helps!!

SqrpioQutie said:
i would put a red rinse over that to try to neutralize the green... i'm trying to remember what i did when i turned my hair green (did the exact same thing you did.. lol)... i'm pretty sure i put a bright reddish jazzing rinse over it...

hope that helps!!

Once again, I have nothing conducive to add to this thread, I just wanted to say that your progress is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

navsegda said:
Once again, I have nothing conducive to add to this thread, I just wanted to say that your progress is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

thank youuuuuuuuuu... i drool over your hair so i guess it's mutual admiration... :grin: :grin: :grin:

Tsk-tsk for rinses when henna and/or indigo would have done the job. I hope you can fix it though.

a red rinse will neutralize the green. if you want you can use a brown color with a red base. the same thing happened to me 12 years ago...;)

keluric said:
Tsk-tsk for rinses when henna and/or indigo would have done the job. I hope you can fix it though.

Well henna and indigo are natural so they shouldnt affect the rinse? I would think that you could still henna/indigo over your rinse to get your hair black again.

I would only use henna/indigo if I wanted permanent color. Its great stuff, but if you think you may want to color your hair something different later, I would stick with the rinse.

ThursdayGirl said:
I would only use henna/indigo if I wanted permanent color. Its great stuff, but if you think you may want to color your hair something different later, I would stick with the rinse.

I agree with this.

Back