EEK!!!! Green Hair Please Help

scorpian

The mods may move this but I put it here so more people can see it.

I did a prepoo with conditioner on my daughter's hair...the conditioner was green...as you see in the siggy pic her hair is brown...This was on Sunday...
I did her regular shampoo and cond then and yesterday did a cond and a vinegar rinse hoping to get the green out but the edges of her hair are still green.
Picture day is Thursday I need to get rid of this green hair!!!!!
I know that red neutralizes green and have thought about using a red rinse for 5 min to get the green out..has anyone tried this or does someone have another suggestion?

Please don't put dye in the baby's hair. Does she swim a lot? I would try Jhirmack shampoo for gray hair or swimmer's shampoo. They are supposed to get the green out.

Please don't put dye in the baby's hair. Does she swim a lot? I would try Jhirmack shampoo for gray hair or swimmer's shampoo. They are supposed to get the green out.

She was in the pool 5 times a week at summer camp but she hasn't gone swimming since school started....Is that shampoo at the beauty supply or at the drugstore?

Maybe a brown cellophane if all else fails?!?!?

I don't really want to use the dye rinse but if all else fails I will. I was looking at a rinse with a red base because on the color chart for hair red cancels out unwanted green but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks Bre Bre :grin:

I agree. The green color may be the result of mineral deposits in the hair. Try a chelating treatment. Ion, sold at Sally's, makes a product called "Crystal Clarifying Treatment" that might help. I've used it many times in the past to remove mineral deposits in my hair, and it works very well. Good luck!

I haven't tried a hot oil treatment...I do have a chelating shampoo by Kenra and one by Abba called Molasses purifier maybe I'll try one of those first before I buy something new :yep:

Thanks everyone for your help :grin:

You could put a brown rinse with red base and that will take it away, my cosmetology teacher said you could put the rinse in your favorite conditioner and let it sit for 20min & rinse.

Last edited:
You could put a brown rinse with red base and that will take it away, my cosmetology teacher said you could put the rinse in your favorite conditioner and let it sit for 20min 7 rinse.

This sounds good...sort of what I had in mind but I didn't know that I could add it to the conditioner...

ITA with everyone that said brown...

Had a green hair mishap in high school. My hairdresser covered it with Jazzing "Coffee Bean"

I had that happen to me before. I used a red-based rinse and it did the trick. Rinses are not harmful and you are not going to keep it in that long. Just condition her hair really good afterwards.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/43849/home_remedies_to_remove_green_tint.html

I found this article on remedies for home treatments.

Do a search on google for removing green stains, I saw a lot of shampoos that claim to get it out. One was called Loreal Kids Swimming Shampoo.

Good luck!

Thanks for the link! :grin: I like the idea of home remedies.. the tomato juice just may work. I will pick up the swimming shampoo as a back up. I tried the chelating shampoo but I didn't have any luck...her hair was bleached blonde in the front from the summer sun and that part of her hair is still green..Tomorrow is picture day so I need to get this out tonight.:wallbash:

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! I like the idea of home remedies.. the tomato juice just may work. I will pick up the swimming shampoo as a back up. I tried the chelating shampoo but I didn't have any luck...her hair was bleached blonde in the front from the summer sun and that part of her hair is still green..Tomorrow is picture day so I need to get this out tonight.:wallbash:

Ok, and good luck Scorpian. Your daughter has beautiful hair. I hope the natural way can work! Keep us posted on the results.:yep:

ITA with everyone that said brown...

Had a green hair mishap in high school. My hairdresser covered it with Jazzing "Coffee Bean"

I was going to suggestion covering it too. I had pink hair for a few weeks in grade school. I used sun-in to make it blonde then I put strawberry koolaid over that... :eek: I ended up repeating the strawberry koolaid a few more times until it was burgandy. *Momma wouldn't let her 4th grade daughter use hair dye even to fix pink hair.* Coffee beaning Jazz is a better idea :wink2: It's also not far from your daughter's natural color.

Last edited:
I was going to suggestion covering it too. I had pink hair for a few weeks in grade school. I used sun-in to make it light then I put strawberry koolaid over that... :eek: I ended up repeating the strawberry koolaid a few more times until it was burgandy. *Momma wouldn't let her 4th grade daughter use hair dye even to fix pink color.*

Coffee bean Jazz is a better idea :wink2: It's also not far from your daughters natural color

Thanks :grin: I remember the koolaid hair dye days :lachen::lachen:..you took me way back with that one

Back