Edges are really weak...help!!!

MrsGrant

Hi,

I am new to the forum and need some info on how to get my edges back in order. Recently I have noticed that my edges on the left side are thinning. What can i use to promote growth? Also i have been seeing some shedding not sure if this is normal or not. Last questions where can i purchase Bountiful Tresses...Does it really work?

Some people have had success improving their hairline by using Bountiful Tresses which can be ordered from here. I haven't tried it so can't really give a review but there are a few positive ones on the board.

MrsGrant said:
Hi,

I am new to the forum and need some info on how to get my edges back in order. Recently I have noticed that my edges on the left side are thinning. What can i use to promote growth? Also i have been seeing some shedding not sure if this is normal or not. Last questions where can i purchase Bountiful Tresses...Does it really work?

Welcome, i think there is a Grow your edges challenge going where you would be able to get a lot of info. I personally grew in my edges (after ghana braids left in too long) with Africa's Best Hair Fertliser and then thickened it with a sulphur mix (mine was vatika oil and sulphur powder from www.baldwins.co.uk) but i think any sulphur mix ie boundless tresses or MTG would work. A search on boundless tresses would give you loads of info and you can decide for yourself if it works. I'm using BT but also MTG and my own sulphur mix sometimes so i can't really say if my growth is just down to it. HTH:)

ETA: what are you doing to your edges; braids? too tight ponies? wrapping on the same side? it may be something as simple as changing your styling...

Last edited:
I started a challenge back in 2006 to help address my issue with my hairline. I have before and after photos in my album.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/archive/index.php/t-89518.html

There are great tips in this thread. The key for me was styling my hair in loose protective styles, treating the hairline gently, no brushing, and daily massages. Right now I am using Boundless Tresses but I have used a number of topical products, all of them work:)

Thanks everyone for responding to my questions.

My hair regimen is very simple. I was and condition every week and deep condition every three. It has been growing beautifully but lately I noticed my thining edges. I'm thinking it may be from the wrapping which i do every night. Going to look around and see what i can find on here about it and also thinking of ordering BT. Wish me luck and thanks again.

MrsGrant said:
Thanks everyone for responding to my questions.

My hair regimen is very simple. I was and condition every week and deep condition every three. It has been growing beautifully but lately I noticed my thining edges. I'm thinking it may be from the wrapping which i do every night. Going to look around and see what i can find on here about it and also thinking of ordering BT. Wish me luck and thanks again.

Some have success with wrapping but I say stop it...it was a factor in my thinning, short broken pieces and ragged hair. I rarely comb/brush except in the shampoo phase. I use MTG,rosemary and/or nettle in oils, avoiding tight pull backs. Daily moisture and leave ins to my edges, also now I am once again doing nightly baggies, when home all day baggy...under a scarf if I have to face the world. I once in a while use DR. Miracles and Parvenu--rarely anymore. I basically baby my edges and they've grown very well.

Boundless tresses has worked for my edges. I can grab the hair a little vs. barely being able to pinch it a while ago.

I've had no luck with ORS temple balm. :ohwell: MTG seems to really irritate my edges altholugh I use it on the rest opf my scalp.

Back