Economical way to use hair dye

FluffyRed

I am just volunteering info that has worked for me.

I get compliments on my color. People have asked me if it is real, when I think it's obvious that I have streaks. What I like about it streaks is that they are low maintenance.

The two bottles in a Dark and Lovely color kit are a 1.6 oz haircolor and a 2.38 oz developer, this is a ratio of
1.6:2.38 =
1.6:2.4 (approximately) =
16:24 = 2:3 ratio!!!

I just take a teaspoon, measure 2 tsp of color, mix in 3 tsp of developer and that is enough for streaks. This way, your hair color can last a loooong time. I haven't even used half of the haircolor in one box in three applications!!

I side-parted my hair the way I normally do and placed streaks around the part and at the hairline. (If you've ever seen "foiling" done, this is an alternative to using a streaking cap. When I don't want to see the color, I just part on the other side, lol) This is enough color to give the effect of brightness without potentially damaging a whole head of hair. My streaks could all fall out and no one would really notice.

HTH someone

Last edited:
YMkd8O0N2z8RFxy03TpUmpHeJKgWFMGd.jpg

I always take pics after I work out, so excuse the sweaty look. But, as you can see, the color is concentrated, kinda streakily along the part and the hairline.

Back