Eco style Argan oil, does it flake on you too???

Amoreofcurls

Im just wondering if it is just my hair...Ive been a fan of all the eco style gels for years, and never had any of them flake on me, whether I used a leave in or not...but this Argan Oil one :perplexed

At first I was thinking , it could possibly be the product combo, I used Shea Moisture smoothie underneath for a wash n go , it left a nasty film and I got the worse flakes...Was super embarrasing because I was wearing white :nono:

I went and tried the shea moisture as a leave in alone and my didn't flake at all...

Days later I tried using the gel on my edges and low and behold I got flake central again...

Ive seen people use the Eco style olive oil with no prob paired with SM...so im thinking maybe its just this particular combo??

So if it aint just me, doesnt anyone else notice the gel flaking up on them or not meshing with certain products?

if not, what are you using underneath?

Last edited:
I usually use the Shea Moisture smoothie under the clear ecostyler and love it. I recently tried it under the Argan oil gel, it didn't flake but i def didn't like it as much.

I like the Olive Oil one too. I wet my hair with glycerin and water mix then hair mayonnaise then castor oil and finally eco olive oil. My hair has been laying still with no flakes for 2 days and a little shine.

eco is just not compatible with some products. If u want to mix it with something you'll just have to keep experimenting until u find a combo that doesn't flake.

but i use the argan one with no flakes ever, unless i use waaay to much or i use it in conjuction with something that it doesn't work with

i used argan eco and the curl enhancing smoothie and i def nasty white globs, and i just wet it more and smoothed and put my turbie twist on for a few minutes...i actually had a good hair day after that...but i prefer that eco for slicking buns and such because the hold is so strong and i dont want stiff or crunchy curls...i like blue eco the best though

yes it flaked on me. i havent had a gel flake on me since i used that clear ice gel back in the day and i tend to use gel solo because i can never get it right.recently i used it over some blue magic grease and my hair is fine and flake free.i like this gel because it doesnt leave my hair super crunchy.

Yep. I really don't like it. It's not compatible with any of my leave-ins and it has too much of a hold. I prefer blue and pink eco.

I thought it was just me. I don't care for the argan oil one wither. Not that it flakes, I jprefer the olive one. I hate I bought it, but it was only $2.88 for the big ol' tub, so I'm OK :ohwell:

I use it for updo's and to slick my hair back. I will use a little Hemp oil on the area first and then apply the eco style gell. (i like the argan and olive oil) No flakes for me !

Amoreofcurls..

I'm glad it's not just me. It did flake on me too, not matter what I tried. I love the Olive Oil, so I was disappointed. And after SEVERAL tries and combinations, I had to give it up.

I can use the Olive Oil gel daily and not have any issues, so that's enough for me to never go back or probably try anything else, for that matter.

All of them flake on me. Must be something I am using in conjuction with it. I am going to mix it up into the custard with the Blue Magic leave in and oils to see how it works out.

No flakes here....I used the protective bodifier mist under it if I remember correctly... def no flakes. I find that anything that's the consistency of Shea Mositure smoothie doesn't work well with gels on my hair..I end up with white hair and flakes no matter which gel I use. Leave ins with the consistency of let's say KKKT or even paul mitchell the conditioner work better for me..

Ya know,I wish I woulda thought about this earlier but I literally just chucked a half full 5lb tub of the blue eco...clearly coulda gave it away ..that joint made my head itch like crazy :nono: ...

Sent from my MB200 using MB200

I don't really care for the Argan oil because it does not have a great hold, but it did not flake on me. I prefer the olive oil and will keep using it. I did use up the Argan oil because I did not want to waste my money.

Yes, it flakes or gets ashy. But the hold and a silkish scarf at night makes it kind of worth it until I find another gel to use...

Back