Easy, Quick Summer Styles for Relaxed Hair??

jenny81

Hey Ladies, :)

I'm new to this forum and I wanted to ask you all for suggestions on quick, easy, styles for the summer for relazed hair.

I have type 4a hair that's just about at my shoulderblades and have been relaxing regularly for years (self relaxing for about 4 years with success). I keep heat to a minimum on my hair as my hair can get dry if I'm not careful and after conditioning well, I usually let it air dry completely before flat ironing with my Solia flat iron. Before flat ironing, my air-dried hair does have a very slight wave pattern.

I'm also going to Puerto Rico for vacation in a couple of weeks with my bf and I DON'T want to be spending tons of time on my hair in between going to the beach, etc.

I read some threads about wash & go's and I'm interested in trying it. Have those of you who tried it had success? What was the best curling enhancer to use with this style? What other styles are quick and easy and CUTE?

Thanks!!!!

~Jenny :newbie:

Welcome!!!! Wash N Go's are great. I like to use a creamy leave in. I have had success with all leave in's such as Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Also have you ever tried a braid-out? It will give your hair a more lasting and defined curl pattern. Try running a search for braidouts and you can get some more ideas and tips. Hope you have fun in Puerto Rico. I wish I could go!

WNG are good...I like pincurls and braidouts for the summer too. You don't have to stress about the frizz or humidity. Plus, all you have to do at night is braid it in a few braids then unbraid and fluff in the morning.

Thank you ladies for your quick responses! You both have such pretty hair!!!

I will definitely do a search for braidouts. This is the first time I've heard of it.

What about bantu knots? Has anyone ever tried those? How much success have you had with them?

Thanks! :D

Bantu knots are the sister of pincurls. I've done bantu knots with success. They give me more waves while pincurls give me more curls. I like both...it depends on how long I plan to wear the style and what look going for.

Back