Easiest Hair Style Ever (Braidout variant)

SweetNic_JA

I found a style that's even easier (and much more comfy) than the bun I sometimes wear. It's good for ladies who want to sport a braid-out but are in the median stage of growth.

I washed, mixed carrot oil creme, oliver oil, added a little (bitty) grease b/c of Isis' recommendation, plaited my hair.

I took the braids out in the morning, pinned up the back and then pulled the front hairs towards the back.

I damp and redo the front at night. I leave the back alone. It's such an easy and confortable style.

Here are the results.

backTwistPin.JPG

sidebackTwistPin.JPG

TwistSide.JPG

Very pretty, Nicky. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I do similar variations of that sometimes if I don't want to wear my braidout down, and I've gotten compliments.

That is really pretty and elegant! I do my braidouts w/ plaits too (I can't cornrow) but I've never thought to make it into an updo. How many plaits do you put in?

That IS really pretty! I think I'm going to do a braidout updo this weekend (you know, they say imitation is the highest form of flattery...).
smile.gif

My braidouts usually come out kinda dry looking so I'm going to go find that thread by Isis.

Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for low-main ways to do my hair after my baby is born. I'm going to try the braid out and bantu curls.

Very Very pretty. This would be the perfect updo for a night out. I bet it would also look nice with flower clips and pins.
smile.gif

Thanks ladies.

Nay,
I'm truly falling inlove with these variants. First the chiney bump curls, now the braid outs. I may not have to re-braid my hair after-all.

Webby, I think this would work out excellently for you. It honestly takes about 10 minutes from start to finish: About 7 minutes to do the plaits at night and another 3 minutes to unbraid and pin-up + you can moisturize your hair daily.

[ QUOTE ]
That is really pretty and elegant! I do my braidouts w/ plaits too (I can't cornrow) but I've never thought to make it into an updo. How many plaits do you put in?

[/ QUOTE ]
Chanteuse, I do a max of 15 plaits when I do my whole head. At night, when I'm touching up the style, I do 6 plaits in the front.

Lanecia,
Try the mixture that I posted and add a little hair grease. It works! This is the first time I've used hair grease in about 2 years and I love the results. I'll just use it in moderation (with moisture) from now on.

I love it!! It looks so elegant and pretty, I bet you're getting lots of compliments!
smile.gif
It looks like a style everyone can wear. Thank you for sharing!

This is how I actually wear my hair sometimes....I love the buns but I think my edges are thinnig out because of it. How many braids do u put in? I usually put in four...I damp mine at night and add a little bit of suave coconut to give a little fragrance.

Very pretty, SweetNic! Looks like our hair is about the same length!
smile.gif
How do you pin up the back? Whenever I try to pin up the back of my hair, it never looks right!!
perplexed.gif

Nic your hair is lovely! i like this style very much on your hair. side note: all of u ladies have wonderful,beautiful hair.

Sweetnic,
you look very elegant in that updo and turtleneck. It's been raining everyday where I live at, so I'm going to makes some braids in my hair.

Your hair looks so great! I have short tapered hair and I don't apply any heat and trying to do roller sets in the back is too much work. So I thought why not do two-strand twists, the same as braids but with two strands. It comes out great looking like yours. Sometimes when I twist them tight it looks like straw set curls w/o the straws. This hair style is easy to keep up so thanks for letting everyone else in "our" lil secret
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
Sweetnic,
you look very elegant in that updo and turtleneck. It's been raining everyday where I live at, so I'm going to makes some braids in my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know how it turns out. I have to admit, I've been sporting this style every day-- even when it rains and it still rocks
grin.gif

I was running late for work this morning and my hair only took me 10 minutes!!! That's even better than when I had braids. I'm loving this do.

[ QUOTE ]
Nic your hair is lovely! i like this style very much on your hair. side note: all of u ladies have wonderful,beautiful hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
I speak for all the ladies when I say, "thanks"

Thanks greATness, I'd love to see pics if you have any.

I took a couple pics but they weren't clear, my hair just look like an afro from the shadow. Right now I'm still sporting flips from when I got a re-touch last weekend. I'll try to put some clear pics up soon tho!
bouncy.gif

Back