dying my hair today!!! i have questions

c*c*chic*

So I've decided to dye my own hair today. I'm very excited! The last time I dyed my hair was in august 08 and I went very light brown and blonde kind of, it was 1 color. I'm doing the same brand but a shade down because I don't want it to be so intense and more importantly less damage. The one question that is really stressing me is about conditioner. Can I use a protein conditioner after the process today or will my hair fall into peices? Lol I'm thinking of using a cheapie vo5 conditioner and on saturday I'm going to use an avacado condition along with aphogee 2 min con. I'm just really conerned as to what a protein conditioner will do to newly dyed hair.

Also, to the ladies wh have/are caring for dyed hair what products do you use and what keeps your hair healthy?

Tia ladies!!!

I would use moisture & protein...the semi-permanent colors i used within the past weeks left MY hair feeling dry... so i dc'ed with banana brulee conditioner and followed up with megatek and i didn't have any breakage or bald spots...

i actually dyed my hair and instead of it being "sunkissed brown" it turned red! lol so i think im gonna do a black rinse tomorrow. im starting to intern and i cant walk in looking like baby charlie baltimore lol. i havent had a perm since december so, not only is it red, it's very very thick. im going to get a perm in 2 weeks. its going to b theeeeeee longest 2 weeks ever lol.

any suggestions?

Back