Dying my hair black?

lovely_locks

I dyed my hair a really light brown a few weeks ago, and my ends are very frizzy now, I was wondering if I dyed it back to black would it make my ends even worse? My hair has alwas thinned at the ends, but now my hair is just frizzing more then usual. I cut a lot of my ends off due to my dye job, but I feel like the lighter my hair is the easier it is to see the frizz. I am working very hard at getting my ends where I want them to be, will dying them black set me back?

If you did a black rinse it would hurt however it wouldn't solve the problem either. If you just did a bleaching/lighting/permanent dye job I would start with a protien treatment followed by a moistuirizing treatment to see if your end get back on track. If not you may need a trim. Also if you are relaxed, please do double process your hair. You can bo a rinse but permanents are a no no.

Yes, I am relaxed, and I did use a perm. dye. Ugh! I really messed up! I'm just so hesitant at cutting more of my ends off because it took me two years to get my hair this long. I started at an inch of hair so to me my hair is long lol! :) I'll try to baby my ends and see if that will help before I cut more off. Thanks for the advice.

sounds like damage. cuticle not being closed. try a protein treatment and moisturize like crazy afterwards. try dusting to see if that will help too. use a Semi Perm color or a rinse. be mindful of the base that was use for that brown color. was it an ash/yellow/green or is it a reddish brown color? if it was ash or yellow, leave the black alone. your hair will turn green

Back